Okay, so this only happens occasionally. Usually when in laying diwn to sleep for the night. All of a sudden i will feel a kind of explossion of pressure in my head. It actually jolts me a bit when it happens. It doesnt hurt and only last for a second. Sometime it will happen twice before going to sleep but they dont happen hardly ever. That being said they have been happening since about highschool. Its really weird and hard to explain. When it happens im freaked out because idk what in the world could cause it and find no help online and doctors dont find anything. Something must be causeing it. I know its not normal. Any ideas?

I don't have the answer but sympathize.  I have experienced this since my 20's.  Seriously.  I'm not 57 and still have this feeling.

In my 20's, my husband took me to the ER twice.  I told the Dr. I would jump out of the bed and it felt like my head was going to explode.  I cried, I felt so humilited.  The 2nd time in my 20's when I went, the ER Dr. just looked at me and said, "it doesn't happen that way!".  After so many years, I think it is stress.  I have always been a stressful person.  It doesn't happen much but I will still jump out of bed and scream my husband name because it just feels explosive.  I did have 2 CT scans, one with contrast and one without.

Nothing found.  Both normal.  Now for me at 57, I still think it is stress related and medicine related.  I now take BP medication, anti depressant. 

Also, my sisters have aways laughed at me for this but my niece who is now an RN has had the same sensations.

If you have found a good remedy, please let me know!

I was diagnosed with Empty Sella Syndrome several years ago, which deals with the putitary gland. Most of the time it does not bring symptoms with it. My doctor at that time was trying to find out why I was having headaches. Starting last year I began to have this pressure in my head around my left ear, in the the back of my neck sometimes going up to the top. I figure it had something to do with my high blood pressure. I also can have partial taste and partial smell, and my vision is blurry. After seeing my interal medicine doctor, an allergist, and neurosurgeon, and it still could be figured out. I went to my old condition that I thought was not giving me a problem, and I did research. What I found was that most people who have Empty Sella Syndrome also intracranial pressure, and it is called idiopathic intracranical pressure. I immediately went to see my neurosurgeon and explained this to him (which was something he should have brought to me). He ordered a CT scan to see if there was any leakage behind the eyes, because i was having pain behind eyes and nose. He seen nothing. So I looked at him and said Does that mean I do not have it, he saids the only sure way to know is to see a neuro-ophthalmolist and receive a lumbar puncture. Well i did both and my CSF fluid was up to 28.8, a normal one would be between 12-20.

CSf fluid is the fluid in your brain. My ophth put me on Diamox which is also use for elevation sickness and people who have mild tremors, I instantly felt a change after two days. The side effects are awful metallic taste when you drink beverages, tingling in fingers and toes and I had an allergic reaction to it, i developed rashes all over that inched so bad at night. She is now going to change my prescription to something else, I am on my way to get it. I hope this helps you. One thing about intercranical pressure with people who have empty Sella we are mostly overweight just losing 5 pds will bring the pressure down. I am not saying you have empty sella, you can have intracranical pressure without having empty sella, because the idiopathic means unexplained.