Can anyone help? I have had pressure in my head and floaters that will not go away for the past month and a half. I can no longer concentrate and I do not feel like doing anything anymore. Going to work is even difficult. Could this be anxiety. I had this 3 years ago and took risperdal and celexa to control this. It appeared to work but not it is back. My doctor did blood tests but everything came back normal. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I would suggest that you consult a neurologist and/or an ophthalmologist (Eye specialist) to rule out a physiological problem, especially since this seems to be so persistent. I have heard of some conditions which can have similar symptoms. Lack of concentration/interest might just be due to your concern about this condition.

Let us know.

Take care.

Hey Lincoln for replying and others for reading my message. I have gone to an opthalmologist. He said everything was okay with my eyes. I am going back to the doctor to get a referral to a eye, nose, throat specialist and / or neurologist. A month and a half now since symptoms started appearing...not a great life to live these days. Pretty depressed with how I am feeling.

Hey Chris,
It is good that you have talked to an ophthalmologist as that is the most common cause. There are certain neurological conditions also that result in this. There are also certain muscular conditions in upper body (neck, shoulder, etc.) that can lead to this.

Importantly I think you should understand that in many cases these symptoms may persist for a relatively long periods of time, and doctors may not be able to pin-point a cause.

So the best way you can deal with this is to relax and do what you can from your end to eliminate all known causes to your satisfaction. Certain postures of Yoga (under guidance from a good instructor) and meditation can help you deal with this and also your anxiety problems.

Take care.

Hey Lincoln and the 62 others that have read my post. Today, I went back to see the doctor...this visit was likely the 4th in a little over a month. I am becoming more and more frustrated. He doesn't know what is wrong. He has me going for a CT Scan and had me go to radiology to do xrays on my sinuses as he thinks it could be siniuitis. Anyways, my symptoms remain...pressure in the head and eye floaters all time time. This feeling never goes away. I am really starting to lose hope that I will ever feel well again. Anyways, it is good to write about it and hope others will respond if they have ever heard or have gone through what I am currently going through.

I woke up 8 months ago and my eyes were filled with hundreds of translucent and orange-colored really massive floaters after about 10 days of severe pressure headaches that would not go away. Other symptoms include severe burning in lower back and down arms and legs, headaches in back of head, sudden "essential hypertension," tingling and numbness on face at all times, trembling, chills with periods of intense warm feelings and sudden sweat which comes and goes, and intense pains on my left side when I move or bend down. I had never had floaters or any of the other symptoms previously. No doctors have been able to help me, but something is causing all of these problems. Doctors give up too easy and are always ready to move on to the next patient. You are not alone. My eyes are so bad, I will probably never be able to see again, and I always feel like I am on fire. Any advice out there?

Hey Chris,
I've read over your last few posts and I can't believe how synonymous all of your symptoms sound to mine. I have had a pressure in my head with floaters and several other symptoms now for almost a year. It has really taken its toll on me with the worst part causing me to be stressed/depressed/and extremely anxious. I've been to so many dr's i couldn't begin to count, and I know they all treat you kind of like your making this up. I'd like to talk to you more and maybe we could help each other out! you can email me if you like at _[removed]_. -chris

Hey dane and others...
Thanks for the replies. One thing I would consider, if you want to consider something else, would be depression and anxiety. I had this condition in 2005 that lasted from March to June and I was very anxious at the time because I didn't know what was going on with me. The doctors did many tests but nothing was wrong. I eventually saw a psychiatrist that prescribed risperdal and celexa. Eventually, likely in June 2005, the symptoms started to go away. I am hoping this time it will go away as well. I have been on this medication since then but something tells me it has lost its effectiveness. I don't know, but you may want to check that out as a possibility.

It is so bad now that I don't even want to get to bed and I am extremely depressed over it...I am only 19, I have been to 2 eye specialist and I have had a CT-Scan and nothing is coming up. My doc thinks it is just anxiety but the flashes and floaters and everything is just so REAL and from the time I wake up to the time I sleep I am miserable....I realize this was posted awhile ago but I will keep it bookmarked in the off chance someone comes back on here.

I have the same symptoms, now for a month. Eye floaters, head pressure, sinus problems, ear problems. Only thing that came up on blood test was allergies. Everyone thinks I am a little crazy and that it's in my mind. This is all too real and I can't stand it. I think about it and my anxiety goes up which makes everything worse. I have time perceptual problems, night sweats, pain everywhere, and things seem to keep getting worse. Not being able to sleep or eat well has really taken its toll on me and I would imagine that I am dealing with depression now. My only hope is more testing, but after reading these stories, I'm not too optimistic. Let me know how you're doing and if you have gotten any answers.

Hello all. (excuse teh spelling and the habitually mistyping on the word 'the')

I have been reading through your posts and thought i would share my experiences.
About 2 months ago, i was a bout to board a flight from london to las vegas (11hrs)
Just before boarding teh plane , i noticed some strange vision effects - as i looked down at teh patterned carpet, it seemed to shimmer around teh edges.
I boarded teh plane and about 1hr into the flight noticed by left arm had lost some feeling...upon checking i noticed similar loss of sensation in my left thigh, left side of body and back left side of my head.
Also the left side of my face, neck, left ear etc felt less sensitive to gentle touch.
This lasted the whole flight. The feelings were more and less noticable for the next day or so.
A few days after arriving in Vegas, having not slept very well at all...i started to feel worse. I visited a doctor. He checked my heart and BP (a little high) and suggested i have a MRI scan. I deceided not to do that whilst i was away from my family.
I was prescribed an anti anxiety medication. I slept like a baby that night and felt a lot better the next day.
Weeks have gone by.
I have had blood tests - all clear
I have had an MRI on my brain and 2 neurologists consultations - all clear.
I have had eye tests with dilated pupils to look at my retina - all clear

I get headaches (usually on the side of my head), find it difficult to concentrate, cannot look at any one thing for very long, see floaters, get flashes when i tilt my head in teh dark, teh numbness / loss of feeling comes back.
All of these symptoms seem to come an go - mostly together. They are there most of teh time but i get the odd good two or three days now.

Something i have been exploring is the relationshp between all these symptoms and tightness in my neck and back.
I have been having Myofacial Release done by a physiotherapist. It is a type of soft tissue therapy (bit like deep massage) which works on eth connective tissues between muscles and bones etc. http://www.myofascialrelease.com/home.asp
Anyway, i have a treatment once per week and i think it helps. it si amazing how your body is connected and i am wondering if what i am seeing as problems is due to stress and axiety and th resulting tension in my body.

I suggest you look it up and maybe try it.

I am not sure it will fix everything but i am sure it is helping. It is a very good friend of mine who treats me so i know she would not do so if she did not believe it would help.

There is also something called cranial sacral therapy which may help. I am yet to try this as i have not found a local practitioner - but i was receomended this twice by two completely independant people ( a masseus in Las Vegas and my physiotherapist in UK). Worth a try.

I hope this helps someone........

Thanks

Hi my name is nikki and after reading all of ur post i have the same things!! ive had eye floaters for the past couple months and i see them everyday!!! not if im on my room or a place with dark walls just mainly when i go outside or look in the sky or im in a room with bright lights and white walls i see them and they havent went away when i look in the sky i see waving lines moving and ive always had perfect vision and sence this has happend i was told i have a slight stigmatisum im so confused i also get a little pain on the left side of my hed in the back ive been to two eye doctors and they said i have healthy eyes dont see any holes or tears and that the floaters r normal but im not convinced please help!! 8-|

Nikki, I am 29 and also am experiencing this ordeal! I see a retina specalist now and a neurologist and everything is all clear. The floaters destroy my ablity to enjoy life and be outdoors. They are huge and so bothersome. I need to find some sort of help. A vitrectomy is my last resort. I'm startng cranalsacralmassage this week. I will let you know if t helps. Hang in there.

Alot of people here should check their necks out. The neck connects the head to the rest of the body so think of the neck as a conduit that carries all the blood and energy to the brain. If somthin happens to the neck then all the stuff that it protects could become interfered with. There are nerves and vessels that are all in the neck which are supported by the muscles. Imagine if one of your legs was constantly tense, after a while you would start to get leg problems, maybe with your ankle or your knee. But in reality it all has to do with your muscle that will just not relax. Everything is connected in someway or another in the human body. You can have an injuried hip and soon that leg will start to hurt because the hip is not functioning properly. It's the same with the neck, if the neck is tweaked, outta wack or anything then it wil start affecting the surrounding areas like your head and shoulders. Modern medicine has forced us to believe that everything is independent of eachother which is not true, without a brain the heart won't work, without a stomach the intestines become useless. Kink a garden hose and what happens? The water flow slows down and the hose is not working at it's full potential. There is nothing wrong with the hose or the water flowin though it. So what if maybe somthin was kinked in your neck, then your head could not function at it's full potential. And what's in your head? Your brain, your eyes, your ears, your sinuses. If all your muscles in your body including your neck are loose and stretchy and you are having symptoms then I would say start looking at other possibilities

hey hi m 20years old ,i see very dark but also very lil object revolving around my eye ,supporting wid headaches,n high bloodpressure....................i gone to my eye speclist he said its nothing but just a sign of depression........but i think i dnt have any worries so that i go into any depression n these floaters get disappear at night why???........................
pls pls pls help me i had all test like blood test n all pls helpm me out