For nearly two weeks my throat has been dry/scratchy and my lips have felt pretty dry at some periods. My throat almost actually hurts in the morning sometimes until I get the mucas out of my chest which is usually all white..but sometime their will be yellow less loose mucas that will come up. As the day will progress depending on how much fluid i drink and what I eat my throat and dry an chapped  lips will be fine. If i happen to take a nap that particular day its most likely I will wake up with my throat bothering me again. Has anyone heard of these symptoms..a slight cough accompanies what I wrote above but coughing is usually not very much. thanks for ur help

Did you ever get a responce to this as i am experiencing the exact same thing, only mine has been happening for about 5 weeks. Its always bad when i wake up not ok during the day. Any info you got would be useful (i will be going to the doctor soon too)

At first I had a very very dry throat, and a horrible cough, found out the cough was due to my blood pressure medicine. Stopped taking it. Got a different kind, now my throat is still very very dry to the point that it feels like a sore throat in the mornings, but the cough is gone, but my lips are very chapped feeling in the corners of my mouth. So I have stopped taking the new blood pressure medicine. Am trying herbs and vitamins to control my blood pressure, hope it works. But if anyone can figure out the why and how to help the very very dry throat, please let me know.
I almost want to say it is caused by stress. I have a very very stressful relationship, (unfortunately am married to a addict) Also if anyone knows any natural herbs or vitamins to take to control blood pressure please let me know.
Thanks

Did any of you find out what the diagnosis was? I am experiencing this exact same thing.

I Have Had the very same problems your talking about..I thought maybe it was because I moved in with family and along with 7 cats.
Cant for the life of me figure this out.Hope someone can..Thinking of calling the Dr..The cough keeps me up at night,although I have the cats closed out of my bathroom and bedroom, am still around them all day..Please HELP