I am a passionate rider. The thrill of going fast powered by your own legs and muscles is something special. Sometimes I spend hours going up and down the hill, near the lake and down to the valley. I started to feel tingling and numbness in hands lately. I am not sure what is causing it by I suspect that is form road cycling. What do you think is causing these sensations and how serious is it?

Generally tingling and numbness in any part of the body is usually a result of poor circulation. Reduced blood flow to that part of the body affects the nerves and it is their reaction you are feeling. Why are you experiencing such sensations? It is hard to say, but my guess is that you lean forward too much and bring your spine and neck in unnatural position. If you spend too much time in such position the disc between your vertebras can press the nerves down your spine. In prolonged scenario you can experience more serious problems such as things falling off from your hands. I suggest you see your doctor to make sure what is going on.