Lately, my stomach feels sore as in the muscles are sore. It is swollen and it feels like I did too many situps. I am slightly overweight but have just started experiencing this. Is this serious enough for a check up? Thanks.

Hi, have you done any hard labor recently? Or have you started exercising in last month? Swollen stomach might be caused by over-exercising. Also, can you tell me more about your diet? What do you preferably eat? Swollen stomach is an indicator that something is not right in your abdomen. It can be harmless like a hernia, it can be appendix, but it can also mean that there is a tumor. I don't want to spook you, but I advise you to run some tests, blood and stool samples, also if needed, do a full body examination just to make sure everything is okay. 

any body help

i have had stomach pains for the last 6 months.. i am not pregnant

pains are really weird, like sharp dull pains at my rib cage..
feels like something moving, but defo not pregnant.,.
anybosy any ideas , my doctor told me it was constapation but i know its not..

thanks

I have the same symptoms! My stomach constantly swells looking like I'm 5 months preganant and I have constant pain under my rib cage. You may have acid reflux backed up in your chest and the swollen stomach may b a variety of thngs. I.B.S,chronic digestive problems,gall bladder,ulcers.it coul be numerous of things...or your intestines may be blocked with backage of b.m. :'(

I have the same thing, I was diagnosed with IBS.
It feels bruised around the stomach and the intestines, and a have spasms of pain, and a splintery type pain around the belly button, and according to my doctor it's all IBS, I have been prescribed Colofac for the spasms, and I will take paracetamol for the pain.

They say there are trigger foods, well in my case I have no trigger foods, my IBS kicks in anyday, anywhere at any time, I eat pretty much the same things.

I remember having a full 3 months with no pain whatsoever, I thought it was gone, then it came back....sore as ever.

hello, well im not sure if your the same.. but my stomach got slightly bigger and when i went to the doctors thay told me I had a syst. I had an opo afew weeks later and its was much better

I was having some of these symptoms and they checked my gal bladder. I had gall stones, the doc told me if i didnt take the gall bladder out, i may die, because there were so many stones. Well it helped somewhat but it all intensified and became unbearable again. I went to a Specialist--Gastrologist. The pain around my belly button and the spams was due to Gastroparesis. This is what I learned, they put me on meds, and it helped alot. I still do have spasms, but not nearly as much. I am not a Doctor and do not claim to be, so in any event you should still see your doctor.

Have you tried cutting out dairy, any kind of nut, soy and wheat? These can cause gas and bother IBS.