I have pain (at times it feels like someone is squeezing my stomach tighter and tighter) in my abdomen on the right side under my ribs and right below my sternum. I also have pain between my shoulder blades, kind of like a burning feeling. I had an ultra sound done and the dr. said that I didn't have any stones or an inflammed gull bladder. Are these symptoms still cause enough to go back to my doctor and get more test done?

Still in Pain

I actually have the same exact thing, I also have had the tests done on my gallbladder and checked to see if it's stones. Should I go back to the doctor? Please tell me if you find anything out about this.

I had another test done and it showed that my gall bladder is functioning at 21% I am scheduled to have surgery on June 29th. I am so glad that my dr. ordered this test as my ultra sound came back saying that my gall bladder was fine.
I am still having very painful stomach pains which radiate up my back and between my shoulder blades.
My appetite is not very good so I guess the only good thing about my gall bladder not functioning very well is that I may lose a little weight during all of this.

can you tell me what the name of the test was that showed your gaul bladder working at 21% where your ultrasound showed normal? I have been in excruciating pain, had the ultrasound same as your results... had catscan with contrast...negative they think it's inflamation of back muscle from over use of arms (rsi) or emotional stress. please, what was the name of the test your doctor ordered?

I had the same symtoms several years ago, and acutally they are coming back, but I had problems with my esophogus and it was bad enough that the pain was radiating to my back. I had extreem back pain between my shoulder blades, vomiting, and stomach pain that made my whole stomach feels tight (as if all the muscles were contracting). They did lots of tests (all the gall bladder ones you are talking about) but didn't find it until they did an endoscopy. Don't know if that helps.

This reply is a bit late. I've been having similar symptoms and will be having my gall bladder removed within a week or so. The HIDA scan determines something called an ejection fraction. Mine is 17%. Anything under 35% is considered abnormal. The ejection fraction measures the ability of the ball bladder to empty bile into the intestine. Ask your doctor about the HIDA scan test.

I would be willing to bet that all of you that have had clear ultra sounds and HIDA Scans for your Gull Bladder - and it shows that your gull bladder is fine - it is fine. I believe you have an ulcer. They can do an Endoscopy to confirm it but I have lived with the pain for 6 years off and on and am very familiar with it. Stress and worrying about things will bring on the pain, including certain spicy foods. Good Luck.

Wanted to let everyone know that I am 28 been suffering with several symptoms and lots of tests and today I found out I need to have my gall bladder out. I had an ultrasound that showed no stones, I then had a Hida scan (not sure of spelling) that showed my gall bladder's ejection fraction is 8%. I have heard that once the gall bladder is removed life can get back to normal. You have your energy back and you feel just all around better!!!!

I have been having pain in my upper right side of my stomach for weeks now. It is a constant pain, which makes me feel very uncomfortable. I would swear that the pain is being caused by the gallbladder, but I had it removed last year. Now it is radiating to my back... I feel like I need to go to the ER... this is awful... does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks..

hello..
i got my gallbladder removed in april
after my op and it was key hole
im having very bad difficultys
im having very bad back pain
very bad stomach pain that i have too bend down its like i cant get breath at all the pain is so bad
also i feel so sick
i was rushed to hospital last wk
is any1 similar to me pls reply o.O

Yes I'm getting exactly the same pain in my stomach and back but had my gall bladder removed years ago the pain is really unbearable but I have had endoscopy they found nothing and I am taking co- codomol 30/500mg and they are not doing anything now I am consistantly at the doctors and am getting nowhere fast, unfortunately I dont have any answers for you wished I did you may have one for me now just looked at the date of your post

I had the same thing years ago in my early 30s. It was found my gall bladder was fine but what I have was a heaital hernia. Was put on Aciphex and I did fine. It is a scary and painful experience at first. Good luck!

Called a hida scan