Hi, I have vision problems and wear glasses since childhood. I heard of some eye exercises, as a part of therapy and way to prevent progression of vision loss. Does anybody has any experience with eye exercises?

They should be performed during exesive eye activity like computer work.Four basic eye exercises include: palming – you should cover with your hands your closed eyes, with your elbows resting on a table, repeating this two to three times a day for five minutes. Next one is splashing, to improve circulation.You should splash with warm then cold water in the morning and in the evening. Practise focusing - hold a pencil 15cm in front of your face with one hand. Keep focusing on one, blink, then focus on the other for a few minutes. Another exercise is swinging - stand and sway from side to side while keeping your eyes focused on a point in the distance point in front of you.

I am presently doing eye exercises to try to improve my vision. I created a blog where I record my progress with the exercises.

I recently saw some improvement. Other people (who have also experienced improvements) have posted comments about their experiences as well. You can check it out at:

*** edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the tips. I'll do this daily from now on.:)

I know for some of these exercises and not all. But I don't do them long enough. I do it like for seven days at most. And then I stop. I just forget to do them. I don't know why. I have been trying to do this for several times and but never I had done them for a long period of time.
Does anybody have any suggestion how can I improve this? Or maybe someone has some other ways of improving eye vision?