Is there a difference in appearance between hormonal acne and the other types of facial acne? I have problem with having red irritated skin on my chin that is covered with acne. It seems to me that is associated with my cycle. They use to increase in pms period. How should I treat them? They are not neither whiteheads nor blackheads, but red and painful.

Maybe you should do some blood tests first, to measure your androgens. These hormones are usually responsible for acne problems. You can try with hormonal treatment to cure acne vulgaris. Hormonal treatment has to be properly planned and controlled and is always very successful, even in severe cystic forms of acne. Hormonal pills are taken orally, I know that jeanine is excellent in this problem, a friend of mine solved her problem with jeanine. Diane 35 contains anti-androgens and is also prescribed in acne treatment.

What is Jeanine and Duane? Medications?