Hi, I keep having twitching in my face and around my eyes, so I went to the doctor. He diagnosed me with facial spasms, and told me that one of the options for a treatment is injecting botulin toxin in my face. I dont like how it sounds, so I am wondering if there is any other solution?

Hi, my sister suffers from hemifacial spasm too. She also thinks about injecting botox, because she heard that it really helped some people. Why don’t you like this idea? Is it dangerous or something, because if it is, I have to tell my sister. The other option that I heard of is a surgery called microvascular decompression or MVD. I will tell you how this surgery looks like. First, they cut you behind your ear, then they place teflon strips between blood vessels and the nerve, and finelly they replace the bone from your skull with a titanium plate. This is more lasting then botox injections, but it’s scarier too. Unfortunatly, one of the side effects could be hearing loss, but only on the one side of head. This is the reason why my sister prefers the first solution. She is really scared of loosing her hearing.