I am interested in using local anesthetic drugs in plastic surgery. Can using anesthetics for beauty be fatal? What are the other options for getting new wrinkle-free look? What is the active component in botox? A friend of mine had had chemical peeling and her face looked worse after the treatment. It was red and sore. I’d like to hear different opinions about anesthetic for beauty.

I heard that Restylane is approved by FDA and used to help correct moderate to severe facial wrinkles. It is made of natural substance called hyaluronic acid that provides volume and fullness to the skin. Plastic surgery is invasive technique that involves anesthesia and extensive recovery period. Anesthesia is never 100% safe for patient. You should make sure that you work with a licensed and experienced cosmetic surgeon. And about botox: it is a serum made from bacterial toxin that can reduce lines around the eyes, but this effect lasts for a few months, so you may need new treatment soon.