Hi I'm Candy.I have that chewing gum helps to reduce weight,but i just neglected it a lot of times.But recently i searched some informations about chewing gums and in that case many sites say that it helps to lose weight and beleiving i've started chewing gum since a week.Is it beneficial or harmful?

Thank you.

The only reliable research I see on chewing gum is related to chewing instead of eating. There are some unreliable studies that I saw that only involved a very small group of people. Wrigleys is apparently trying to make a case for weight loss. However, critics believe that it has to do with the fact that gum is and alternative to high sugar sweets. A great way to lose weight is to maintain your balanced nutrition and lowering your caloric intake based upon your activity level. Google the "food pyramid" to see what a healthy meal plan would look like for you. Good luck !

You ask if chewing gum would help reduce weight. Directly, no. Indirectly, perhaps to a small degree, but not significantly. The simple act of chewing burns calories, so you could stretch it a bit and say chewing gum burns calories which is important in loosing weight. One thing it will do is help keep the muscles in your face toned. This could help inhibit the onset of saggy cheeks and jowls.

Well i really haven't heard that chewing gum can help you lose weight. I like what TheGeez said, it can help you with your muscles on your face. I really try to avoid chewing gums and even can't remember when did I purchased my last pack. I think by chewing a gum we are not doing very good thing for our teeth. I use gum when I am on the road for couple of hours and I'm not able to bring my tooth brush.
Does anybody else have any more information on chewing gum and weight reduction?

I read that chewing gum can actually help you lose weight as appetite control. It helps produce saliva and it also helps curb your appetite. You need to make sure that it's sugar-free gum because it has no calories in it, and also I think there's something about how sugar helps spur an appetite instead. I'm not entirely clear on the study but it does help with whatever else you're doing. Keep us posted!

This is the first time I read that chewing gums can help reduce weight. The best technique to reduce weight is to eat healthy and in moderation.

I would like to add just with some physical activities. I think eating healthy and in moderation is ok, but you still need some activities to burn fats.
And if chewing is some sort of physical activity than it is fine. But I think also that this can not help a lot to someone who wants to lose weight.