Hi, My name is Courteney. Im 12 years old and Ireally want to lose weight fast. I weight about 200lbs and Im sick of tired of being fat.Its like I loose weight than I gian it than loss weight again. Ive tried everything from exercising to eating less and none work. Please please please help me.

<3

Courteney

Sweetie, everyone wants to lose weight fast.  However, it isn't healthy to lose weight super fast and it usually comes back just as fast.  Though I can share with you some information that may help.  First of all your liver is super important this is where proteins, fats and sugars are metabolised and your liver does way over 500+ jobs in your body!  If you don't take care of your liver it can't do it's jobs effectively and can lead to health problems later in life.

These are the best things you can do that will not only help keep your liver and body healthy but can help you lose weight too and in a healthy way:

1 Drink water -- water hydrates your body, helps flush out toxins, softens skin, clears your complexion and gives you a healthy glow amoung other great beneits to your body.  Add lemon slices or cucumber slices if you need a little flavor boost.  Lemon water also gives as much energy as soda but will balance the ph in your body adding another health bonus.  drinking half your body weight in water a day will keep you hydrated.  Don't drink it all at once though...too much water isn't good either..seriously!

2 Avoid sodas, energy drinks and any sugary drinks esp ones with HFCS.  HFCS is not good for your liver, is addicting and tends to make people crave more sweets.

3 veggies eat plenty of veggies they are super good for you in so many ways giving you energy, clearing complexion, keeping you healthy and strong!

4 eat fruit in moderation.  Fruit is good for you but too much is not.

5 protein serving each meal is about the size of your palm which is slightly different for each person.

6 avoid junkfood.  These are empty calories with no nutrient value or very minimal at best.  Choose fruits, veggies, and nuts for a healthier snack

7 exercise a little each day.  It burns calories and builds muscle.  Muscle uses more calories helping you stay lean.

If you drink soda and eat junkfood now and quit them you may lose weight a bit faster at first but it isn't guarenteed.  Exercise each day it doesn't have to be the same routine each day either...your body actually gets used to things you do a lot and learns how to do it without expending as many calories so switching it up a bit helps.  Go for a walk, a bike ride, go swimming, jump rope, hula hoop, sports, dancing...whatever gets you moving a little each day.  Aim for 1-2lbs a week, this is a healthy weight loss rate and will help you keep it off.  If you don't eat or lose too much too quickly it can put your body in survival famine mode and slow down your metabolism.  Our bodies are made to survive to keep us healthy and alive!  So eat at least 3 normal meals a day and maybe a healthy snack or two.  You got this!

Stay healthy kiddo and try not to worry too much about weight.  True beauty comes from within and is far more important than all else!

A great way to lose weight is to keep yourself active so you will not think about food as much. When we are just sitting around, we tend to think about food and then we crave it just because it's something to do. Staying busy will prevent this kind of behavior. It is imperative that you keep an account of the calories you are taking in each day. Once you get used to this, you can work to stay within your limits.

I agree! Staying active is important. I notice that when I'm busy or really into something, I don't even think about eating. Cut out the junk foods and just eat healthy foods like lots of veggies and lean meats, chicken and fish (not farm raised), and the protein portion of your meal should be the size of your palm. Portion control can be a biggie because we tend to pile on the food and don't realize that we really don't need that much to have a normal healthy meal.

Roca Labs can be the best solution for you. They have program a for teens as well.

That is great Courteney. Please do not get discouraged. You have way too much time to do it. You just need a little help.
It is FANTASTIC that you are exercising! Keep that up.
You just need to learn about calories and food. Please try to eat food that does not have calories.
Caloric density is the culprit.
If I gave you 1,500 calories, you could woof down 8 cooks but still be hungry.
But, you could have 8 cucumbers, salad, piece of chicken, an apple, etc. and lose weight without any problem.
I hope this helps you. Just take a look at the calories.

In order to lose weight faster, combine a healthy diet with a sensible exercise regimen. While each of these practices leads to weight loss, their effect when combined is exponentially greater than their effect individually. A good diet gives you more energy and improves your workouts. Exercising helps your body burn the energy a healthy diet provides.

I know that you are at a most sensitive age and your peer group will influence you greatly however do not be rushed into finding quick fix solutions be sure that any measure you take to lose weight has good recommendations from qualified people

Good advice. I think young kids love fast foods and their physical activities are much lesser than our generation, lol, you know what I mean?

Hello, Courteney!

Weight loss is about overall well-being. I understand that you want to lose weight quickly but you should strive to be healthy first and foremost. Dropping weight quickly is dangerous and often not effective.

Through diet and moderate exercise I am sure you can achieve your weight loss goals!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

You can do exercise, Try Roca Labs formula or walk 30 minutes at a constant speed. Any of them will work but don't starve yourself.

half your body weight in ounces on water. So 200lbs would equal 100oz of water to adequately hydrate.