I recently got married, and I was doing great with my weight. Then once the day came "and didnt have to worry about fitting in my dress any more", I gaind 10-14 pounds. I feel aboslutely disguisting about myself, and my husband literally wont even touch me. Which in turnI have turned to drinking. I dont even eat all day--I drink at night and thats where my calories are coming from. Its a vicious cycle, any one who has quit drinking have you really lost any weight? I feel so gross, and even more depressed cuz my husband is not touching me!

Well.... the answer is in your question. You know whee the calories are coming from so stop right at the source. Being depressed is not going to get you anywhere. Rather work on it and do something about it.

Not easy to say or do, but I agree with jess.

Here's what we know: Your average drink; beer, wine, martini, pick your poison, is usually a combination of carbs, sugar, and ethanol (pure alcohol). When it goes down the hatch, it makes a pit stop at your stomach, where some of the alcohol is absorbed through the lining and into your bloodstream, giving you that initial buzz. The carbs and sugar go the traditional digestive route, while ethanol, a toxin, is diverted to the liver.
Ethanol has no nutritional value, so your body burns it off first. That means any remaining calories in your stomach, whether they're from the margarita or the chips and guacamole you had with it, will likely be stored as fat. And the more fattening the foods you eat, the easier the calories are to store.

However, keeping that in mind, women who have one or two alcoholic drinks a day are actually less likely to gain weight than those who shun the sauce. The trick is being moderate with it if you enjoy a drink here and there, because somehow your body will adapt to metabolize alcohol differently than heavy or occasional drinkers.

Alcohol will not help you. It will only lead you to an unhealthy life if the behavior continues. Try cutting down on the drinks. Not only is it unhealthy, but your husband may not be too impressed or willing to engage intimacy with you whilst you are intoxicated. Do some exercise, take care of yourself, and he will notice this.