:-( I AM VERY CONCERNED FOR THE PAST TWO WEEKS MY EAR AND THROAT ON MY LEFT SIDE HAS BEEN SORE. WHAT COULD THIS BE FROM?

I'm having the same problem now....did you find out what was causing your problem ??

I have the same thing My throat is sore on the right side, and when i swallow it stings all the way up to my ear! I have a extremely runny nose too!!

hi.. i think it is due to viral or bacterial infection. better go to your Dr for confirmation. anyway keep yourself fully nutrified, took multivit especially vit. c and zink, took honey and drink lots of water. ive had throat pain for at least 6 months and medications of little help. trying conservative treatment and now improving. thank god...thank you..

Extremely runny nose, sore throat forever, mild pain in left ear, hurts to swallow. This site is site, none of us have answers yet

i have had this same problem. it started on my left side and now the pain when i swallow has moved to the right side! i have no idea what it is but my tongue on the right side also feels swollen. if anyone finds out anything, please post it. (i will also try but i have not been able to go to the doctor lately)

I'm responding to the original question and you could possibly have an ear infection. There's a tube connecting your inner ear to your throat, it helps with draining. That is why you will have pain in your ear and in your throat and is also why the pain is on one side generally. Go to the doctor and they will give you medicine for it.

I have had strong pains on the right side of my head-specifially in my ear; behind and below my jaw; and in my throat. These pains are quite strong. They uaually begin in late afternoon and last until early morning-but not all of the time. This has been going for over one month. One doc said that it was an infection of he lymph glands. One said that it is shingles. One referred me to an ENT doc, but I couldnt get an appointment for a month. Do you have any suggestions? I also have difficulty closing my rilght eye and it waters constantly.

I was having severe throat and ear pain but didn't want to take antibiotics. I took Megawoman multivitamins, 2 extra C, and ate teaspoons of bottled garlic (3 or 4 times a day), chasing it with V-8. I also drank lots of green tea with honey and took baby aspirin. I also used garlic mullein ear drops. Something (or all) must have done the trick because I felt fine in two days.

I've been having the same for a week now. Check Epiglottitis judge for yourselves, and then proceed to the doctor. Don't let it get worse.

i have pain in the right side of my throat an in my right ear with trouble talking and eating and pain in the right side of my neck. it keeps me from sleeping. what is it.

Im having the same pain. Its in the left side. My left tonsile is swollen and swore and my left ear feels like it has alot of pressure on it. But i have no life insurance and i am worried that it could be fatal. If anyone has been treated for this please let me know more.

I have the same problem... My throat hurts and my right ear is in much pain... I can't get to sleep because of it. My jaw is a little weak to actually. It some hurts... What should I do?

could be mono i had it and there were lots of neck ear and throat pains

I had pain under my left jaw for about 4 week (still do). It wasn't like the type of sore throat you get before you get sick, it was like, when I swallowed (particularly just saliva) I could feel a very localized pain underneath my jaw. I was beginning to get paranoid that I had throat cancer of any number of other conditions I saw on the internet. Saw my ENT who is seen as a top ENT in the Washington region so I trust him very much. He looked around and said that he thought it could be a slight infection of the tonsils (the little skin on both sides of the bottom of the mouth). He said it's just a short distance from that part of the mouth to the area that I was showing him that hurt under my jaw. He said sometimes small rocks (not sure exactly what he was saying) can form in the tonsils causing some pain. Said that 1 of 3 things could happen. It could resolve on its own. It could stay the same for a long time (that it stays for some people). It could start to hurt much more and then I could come back in. He wasn't inclined to give antibiotics since I had taken antibiotics for it 2 weeks earlier with absolutely no effect on it. I feel good about it and feel that it must be the tonsil.