I've had a soar throat and runny nose for the past 2 weeks. When it seems its getting better it just gets worse. The past 2 mornings I've woken up and my throat feels like its completely swollen shut, its hard to breath, and when i swallow it feels like my throat doesn't want to open back up and i began to gag to the point I almost throw up, which usually last for about 6 hours after I wake up. Also I get a tickle in my throat which then makes me cough so hard and continuous I can't breath. I've also noticed my throat is VERY red and has white circles on the back of my throat. The other night I also felt like I was running a fever and I got extremely tired and weak out of nowhere. If anyone knows whats wrong please tell me b/c I dont have health insurance and don't want to go to the Dr. unless I absolutely have to

yeah you have strep throat. u need to go to the doctors so u can get a antibiotic if u have ur tosils

umm..i have the same stuff happen to me, do i have to get my tonsils removed?!

Im going through exactly the same thing right now
ive been up all night because i cant breathe when i lay down and try to sleep
My left tonsil has been swollen for 2 weeks and ive been to the doctors 4 times
Ive had 4 strep tests and 2 mono tests and they are all negative.
All they keep telling me is to gargle salt water and take advil.....which does nothing!!
its getting irritating now because ive never been sick for this long!
My throat hurts like its never hurt before and i cant swallow or eat or anything i just sit on the couch preparing for the next time i feel saliva in my mouth and cringe when i have to swallow

i have the same thing going on-my doctor told me it would be best to get my tonsils taken out

im sorry to say but it sounds like mono.. and it can take up to 6 months to get over it completely..

I had a sinus infection 3 weeks ago. Went to the Dr and he gave me nothing . I was spitting green goo and he said its just a virus. Had to get my friend to get me antibiotics from Mexico but he only got 5 pills. It went away for a bout a week but now my sore throat is back and keeps moving from side to side. First my left side hurst then my right side then both sides. THis is the begining of the 2nd week. My cheek huts as well as my teeth and my ears tickle a bit. I am taking golden Seal it seems to be working but then comes back.

Frustrated in san diego

I seem to be about a month behind you..starting my 2nd week of sore throat that went from both sides to left to right now back to both. All this following what my doc thought was the flu (for a month). I'm in SD too.

I'm really tired of being sick--how long til you got better? You are better, right?

I get temporary relief from gargling hydrogen peroxide mixed with water. What else can I do? Can't sleep at night and can't take this much more! help!

Post nasal drip and allergies, I have the same symptoms

You may have strep

i have been on levaquin for2 weeks now i have no tonsiles what is wrong with me soar throat swollen glands no fever ever 

Okay, this is August 2013. I have had the same symptoms for over two weeks now: sore throat, runny nose, cough, fatigue and headache.  Everytime the air-conditioner blows it tickles my throat and makes me cough.  I do not have tonsils.  I am going to go to a clinic and see if I have strep throat.  Did you previous bloggers find out if you had strep throat? How long before you started feeling better?

ARE YOU CRAZY!!
You DO NOT take antibiotics unless prescribed and you get enough to fully kill what you were diagnosed with.
When people do not take antibiotics correctly, then this gives rise to antibiotic resistant infections/bacteria.
DO NOT DO THIS!! it's people like you who are causing this resistance.
1. ONLY take antibiotics if they're prescribed properly after seeing a doctor
2. once started, take ALL of your antibiotics - even if you start to feel fine before you've taken all of your pills.

I have the same thing and so does my son, and honestly the white spots may mean it IS STREP but neither me nor my son had Strep, the doc said it's a very hard to stop long lasting virus that mimics Strep. I came to this site hoping to talk to someone who's gotten over it, to see how long it last, I'm on day 15

not necessarily true that they have strep - there is something going around that mimic's it but isn't. Although they need to go check to see if it is strep. Minute Clinic and such do rapid strep test.