Hi im 13 and wondering if i have tonsillitis or strep throat. I went to the roller rink with my uncle yesterday. My throat hurts really today. I woke up this morning and it hurt a little but not as bad as now. It hurts to swallow and talk. When i do talk and make certain movements with my tongue and jaw it hurts really bad. I looked at the back of my throat and my right side is swollen and red while the left side is a bright pink but looks normal otherwise. On my left side theres 2 white patches. I took something and scrapped them and it looked like puss. It feels like there's something hard in my throat right now. I can't tell whether or not its tonsillitis or strep throat. This would be my first of either if it is tonsillitis or strep. My mom had one of the two last week it lasted 4 days. We didn't drink after each other or have any contact like that. The left side of my throat is starting to hurt a little bit. My ears feel plugged and have pressure on them. My body is tired and my spine, hip and shoulders ache. Im little warm but no fever. Ask any question u want as long as it will help u. I have another question. Will i have to get my tonsils removed it is either one? If so how many times do you have to get them to have your tonsils removed? Thank you so much to those of you do answer

Hey there you definatly have tonsillitis if your tonsil is swollen. It sounds like you may have strep throat if you have white patches but no way to know without going to your doctor and having a strep test done. If your throat is not getting better or is worse tomorrow i would go to your doctor. As for getting a tonsillectomy itbis usually the discretion of your doctor but the more often you have strep the more likely you would get them taken out. They won't take them out if this is Your first time with strep though

Thank you for the help