I am in my seventh week of pregnancy. This is my first pregnancy, so I have no idea what to expect. I woke up a few days ago and the left side of my throat was sore. My left throat gland is slightly, but noticeably swollen. It hurts to turn my neck to the left at all and hurts to the touch. does anybody know what this is. Should I make an appointment with the doctor or go to the emergency room. Could this hurt my baby?

i have the same problem its just an infection. or you have na ear ache, cuz right now its hurts when i swallow !

Hello feather, 

this sounds like a typical sore throat to me, especially if you start to have problems when you swallow, together with pain or fever. Sore throat is caused by an infection and yes, I would recommend you to call your doctor and explain what exactly is going on. You might need an antibiotic for infection to clear up and the sooner you start the treatment, the less risk there is for both you and the baby.

So, there is no reason to panic, but you definitely doo need a checkup because now you can’t take almost no medication unless they are prescribed. Just rest and drink plenty of fluids before you get to the doctors. Wish you all the best!