I have noticed there is something wrong with me maybe a month ago. I had severe right arm pain, which woke me up. Few days afterwards, I was experiencing tingling and numbness so I was scarred. I have a friend who told me I should have tests like lumbar puncture, MRI's and EMG. I want to hear what you could tell me, is there any clue what it could be.

I had exactly the same symptoms when I visited my doctor. He had done EMG, which showed that I have three long thoracic nerves severely affected. After this, my doctor diagnosed me with long thorasic nerve palsy. From that time, I have been on painkillers to control the pain but no treatments to treat nerves. This diagnosis surprised me, as I have never had any injury that could be cause for this. I asked a lot around about long thorasic nerve palsy and I found out nerves are very delicate. No matter where they are, they can be damaged in many ways. That is why having an injury, is not the only thing that can cause long thorasic nerve palsy. Luckily, there is something more we can do about it, apart from tests we already had. I have heard that if my state does not change, I could take exploratory surgery, which should give our doctor at least a good clue. When our doctor locate it, we will be able to start correct treatment.