hello, i was wondering if anyone could help me, i have recently been diagnosed with chlamydia, but dont know when i have contracted it, it could be up to 4 years ago and i need to know how to go about finding out if it has caused major damage???

chlamydia can cause infertility, if left for long periods of time. I assume you're now recieving treatment for it. in future ,you should get regular check-ups at GUM clinics and ensure that your parteners do too before you sleep with them or you could always use a condom. it is reccomended that you have a check-up every six months when sexually active. don't take risks with your health because it really isnt worht it.

Chlamydia can cause infertility it can also cause PID which in Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. Both can do a lot of damage to your reproductive organs and make it next to impossible to have children. The above person is right as well with the statement of getting regularly checked when becoming sexually active. It's your health that hangs in the balance every time you have unprotected sex. The statement about just using condoms is incorrect. Read the box - listen to the commercials, etc. Condoms prevent pregnancy - not STD's. Nothing does. Condom or no condom you can get it! It's sad to say but just remember - you really can't trust everyone!

well actually i was told i had Chlamydia but dont know when i got it and got treated for it and found out i had it for almost 10 months and it could cause PID but you could still get pregnant but have eptopic pregnancy and thats not good :'( ! some people who had or have chlamydia could still have normal pregancies but pass it to there baby and could cause blindness and other symptoms! ! but if you protection then you wont have to worry about STD'S..i had to learn the hard way XD

We don't need lectures about treatment and how to prevent the disease. Sometimes we just meet c**p men, who we trust and and they let us down.

Like the first person. I contracted clamydia when I was 19, (it was only the 2nd person I had slept with, the only reason I can remeber is that someone said it gives a discharge, and I thought I had some yeast infection infection that has never returned.) But I didn't know anything about the damage it caused. I'm now looking to have a family 15 years later. I wasn't tested for it and I don't have any symptoms. Its not called the silent disease for nothing.
Like the first person i don't know exactly what damage it has caused. How do I find out, can I just ask my GP. Is it an xray or what would tell me where the problem is????