Hi, I was diagnosed with Chlamydia on last Monday, and a doctor prescribed me antibiotics for a treatment. He told me to come again three months after therapy, to be re-tested. Why is this necessary? Aren’t antibiotics enough for treating Chlamydia?

You have to be re-tested, don’t make the same mistake like I did. I finished with a treatment, had no more symptoms, and I thought that there was no need to go again as my doctor advised me. It was such a huge mistake it was! I found out a year later that I still have Chlamydia, but this time it spread from the cervix to the uterus and fallopian tubes. It led to a disease called pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), and now I am in great risk of infertility. Maybe I will never be able to have children again. Not to mention chronic pelvic pain that I already have. I could prevent this if I only listened to my doctor.