I have a few little bumps on the base of my shaft. I know they're hair follicles because I can see the hair growing out of most of them. They seem to create a little fold over the skin which is quite noticable. At first I thought they were holes but after I stretched the skin I could see that the bumps were stretching the skin up and over them. When I squeeze them sometimes they emit a white substance, exactly like the stuff coming out of the pores and whiteheads on your face.

I was just wondering if these are normal hair follicles or something else. I'm not worried because I think they may just be follicles that have built up oil and white stuff in them that I can squeeze out time to time.
Is it something else?

No, you are right. These are hair follicles that have built up oily substance produced by oil glands that are situated on the hair shaft under the skin. The substance is called sebum and it uses the hairs shaft to get to the surface of the skin and to lubricate the skin.

When the pores that the sebum should leave through are closed, sebum accumulates and creates these so called “sebaceous cysts” and this is what you have.

So, the white stuff is accumulated oil. The reason why you shouldn’t squeeze the sebum out is that they could easily get infected by skin bacteria. Skin bacteria are present all around our skin especially in the genital area, which makes it easier to infected. If these cysts become infected or inflamed, they could turn into really messy red, swollen, painful bumps and then you would have to take antibiotics to clear them.

You are right, they are exactly like pimples and they are considered a normal skin variant and are not being removed.

You don't have to take meds to clear them you just have to use a needle to break the skin there will be very little blood and use tweezers to pull out a white pod like the stuff you squeeze out