hi....im 18 year old female....and recently i notices white tiny pimples on both of my areolas.....can someboyd tell me what it means...could it be a sign of breast cancer....or some infection...im very confuse please help...

Hi there! I don’t think it is a breast cancer or anything that harsh. There are a lot of hair follicules in the breasts. This means that there are oily glands attached to the hair shaft and these glands produce sebum. Sebum is the white stuff you squeeze out of pimples and the pimples arise when this sebum can’t get out to the skin but starts accumulating under it.

This could be happening to you as well. If they have white tops, it could be indicating an infection. If it was an infection, bacterial, you would probably have other symptoms like redness, itchiness, dry skin and maybe even some kind of discharge from the nipples.

If you try picking up those bumps, they may get infected by bacteria we have on the skin naturally, so you shouldn’t be picking them.

If you are still concerned about the bumps, pay a visit to a dermatologist and have it checked.

hi, i have the same problem also. white pimples on top of my nipples and its itchy, red and dry skin..... what should i do? what is the best treatment? should i go to my Oby? or to dermatoligist for the treatment? thank you for your help. God bless.

I have a similar problem, its like the pores in my nipples and my aureoles are clogged. But I think with me, the cause could be different. I breast fed my daughter (16 months) for almost four months and just recently I noticed the white spots. Could this be from me breast feeding and is my body's way of getting rid of the dried up breast milk???

i think i have the same thing. I have a lot of pimples from wearing tighter shirts and sweating a lot, and I squeezed them hard a few days ago and what looked like blood came out, but it was like a liquid and I couldn't wash it off right away.

These are probably Montgomery's glands and are quite normal, see "Glands_of_Montgomery" in Wikipedia

If it's the bacterial infection like you said--what tye of over the counter treatment should you use?

And how did this come about anyway--I' having the same issue.

Hi there I have exactly the same lumps around my areolar which I also squeezed and a white substance came out. I am glad to see that this is happening to other people as well as me but can anybody tell me if this is normal and is there anything i should do about it or just completely leave them alone , thanks :-)

hey there< it is perfectly normal. in fact alot of woman have them. It is montgomry glands. They help secreat oil, so the nipples do not dry out. You need them to breast feed and what not. When they are white like that, can mean they are blocked. Which still isnt anything to worry about, it jus means your bra is too tight, or you need not put soap on them, just warm water. But do not stress, becasue these will never go away.they are there to stay, and again, complety normal

This is perfectly normal for women who have hit puberty. DO NOT mash them or squeeze them bc that can cause infection. They are normal and they help to produce milk when you become pregnant. Warm water can help with the itch. And if you have larger breats then you should keep them dry from sweating bc that makes them worse!!!! I hope this helps!!! :-D

what you are describing is MONTGOMERY TUBERCLES...They are completely normal....google search it explains, these are often made more prominent due to pregnancy but you can get/have them without ever being pregnant, just leave them alone sometimes they reduce on their own, sometimes they stay very prominent, however most women have them. If you are still concerned after looking up the montgomer tubercles, go see your obgyn or a dermatologist, just to be sure.

so i definitely have what the first post is talking about, of course we ALL do. but the point is im a compulsive picker. so when these bumps showed up on me i panicked and picked and squeezed and just jacked myself all up. im wondering what to do to get myself back in good health now (and yea, to make the bumps go away).

a lil back story that might be relevant, i wear bras ALL THE TIME. im rarely without one, pretty much just for the small period of time that i take my shower which is once every other day. i wash my chest with an acne apricot scrub, so inevitably, my nipple and areola area get some of that too im sure. i've done a bit of research on this subject before, and when i found out that squeezing the white stuff out of them could cause infection, i thought "well hey, im smart enough to deal with that!" so when i get out of the shower, i've been swabbing witch hazel or occasionally hydrogen peroxide over my nipple/areola areas to "kill any germs or bacteria".

THAT of course makes my skin dry and i know that over drying oil glands can just make them produce more so i thought "hey, im smart enough to deal with that too!", so i've been rubbing vitamin E oil into the area to compensate for the dryness. then of course after that its RIGHT BACK ON with the bra. and on top of all of this, i have hyper sensitive and over all difficult skin.

point is...apparently, i am NOT smart enough to deal with this. im SURE i've been making it worse and i just dont know where to go from here. the bumps are still around as ever, still filled with white, some filled with white and dry and flaking around their own lil area. i just want them gone, and i wanna get my skin back to being healthy. can anyone help? is EVERYTHING im doing wrong? does anyone have any in sight for me at all??? *desperate*