I've noticed that i've had them for a while (since 12 or 13, I'm now 15)
I've never had sex or any sexual contact. at least, that i know of... lol.

but my scrotum itches on and off (but frequently), and i tend to find that the itching originates at these bumps. they appear to be under the skin.
there are a lot of them, but most are small and the larger ones are the ones that itch. they hurt when squeezed, so i haven't popped any after the first one. (that hurt)

i don't know what it is. i think it could just be clogged hair pores, but then the hairs would become ingrown wouldn't they? and those you notice right away, any ingrown air hurts.
the other possibility is that it is a fungal infection (like jock itch).

anyone got a clue?

I'm having the SAME problem. Could it be jock itch?

I have what seems like the same problem. Some of the bumps are large and look more red. Then there are other small ones that have white heads and when i pop them they don't hurt and soft stringy white stuff comes out. It seems to be puss, but I'm not entirely sure. If you find any more information post it on here. Good luck.

There's really nothing to worry about guys... This seems to be a pretty normal thing with most guys... as for the bumps this is a hair follicle where the hair actually grows from like a pore... The ones where you can see white is actually a very minor infection which needs no treatment and most just call... as you say... jock itch

Woo. Good news for me.

...

... White stringy stuff comes out if you try and squeeze 'em. Don't try and dig the bumps out. The bump itself doesn't seem to have any nerves in it, and I picked at one, but the bleeding around it hurts pretty bad, haha. Ah well...

Ow.