Just recently I have been getting bumps on the base of my penis and also on the shaft. They almost look like skin tags or warts. Around a dozen of them. When I shave my pubic hair at the base and go over the bumps they bleed quite a bit and they won't go away and seem to be showing up more slowly. It's really scary because I have practice unprotected sex multiple times. Please help

Hi Guest,

Look up "fordyce spots" and see if they resemble what you see.

They are not an STD and are very common.

I don't think so... there's bumps under the skin that can produce a little white stuff if I squeeze it but that's been there since I can remember but these newer ones are on top of the skin

OK, the white stuff is the key.

Two common things: the first one is that you can get pimples or sebaceous cysts on your genitals too. Treat them as you would any pimple.

The second: an infection called folliculitis. The hair follicle is infected - from shaving. It opens it up, bacteria gets in, and you get an infection.

Stop shaving for a while. When you do shave use a NEW blade.

If it continues you may need to see your doctor for an antibiotic.

Good luck.

The bumps I'm worried about don't pop though and if I try to pull 8436 off they bleed and came back.

Without seeing them Guest I can't say what you're seeing.

See a doctor.

good luck.