Hi, I've had unprotected sex with a girl for the past 5 months. I had unprotected sex with one other person before her and now, 5 months later, I am a few small white and red bumps on my crotch near the shaft of my penis. Also I noticed one new white bump on the shaft of my penis. I'm about to go out to sea and do not think I have enough time for a doctor to look at me. So I have two questions: 1) Do you have any clue to what these pimples could be? 2) How long does it take a doctor to check me out and have results on sti's?

It may take a week or so for you to get results from a swab for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea but personally, I don’t think these white bumps are STD.
They sound more like foliculitis, which are infected ingrown hairs. They are infected by skin bacteria and usually look like tiny white and red spots. Sometimes, you may even see hairs under them. You shouldn’t touch these because you may spread the infection to other parts. Masturbation can also make these bumps spread because you will be touching with your hands different parts of your body (penis, testicles, groins, etc). Foliculitis usually goes away on its own but if it persists, a doc may prescribe antibiotics to help you get rid of an infection. This shouldn’t take long to diagnose as they are usually recognizable by sight.

The other bump that appeared on the shaft could be either a pimple or sebaceous cyst, which is another skin formation and not an STD. sebaceous cysts are usually there to stay and you may even develop some more. They are made of sweat glands under the skin that release oily substance called sebum and when the ducts that carry sebum on the surface get blocked, these cysts form.

For the piece of your mind and to be sure, so you wouldn’t pass anything to anybody else, make sure you see a doc before you leave.

I get those periodically.  Herpes virus.