I recently have been having abdominal pains and lower back pains and a burning sensation when I urinate. Also, I've noticed I urinate a lot more and even after, I feel I still have to go. I went to the doctor and they diagnosed me with a UTI. But the doctor was a little concerned that I had red blood cells in my urine and asked if I was going to start my period soon. I told him in a week I should start. So he concluded that it might be that. Is it possible to have RBC's in your urine one week before your period? Or could it be something else?

How much blood is in your urine? It might be a kidney stone or kidney infection, I believe those usually cause more blood in the urine than UTIs do. I wouldn't worry too much though. I've never had blood in my urine before my period, but maybe it's that your UTI is messing with your schedule a bit?