My girlfriend recently suggested that we start have a family bathtime which would involve me, her and her 5 year old daughter taking a shower together usually in the morning before we get ready for work and her daughter gets ready for school, my girlfriend claims it would save on the water bill and promote a family bond but the thing is I am really... really not comfortable at all with the idea of this little girl seeing me naked not because I am embarrased or ashamed its because I am NOT her daddy and I don't think it is appropriate to be flashing my manhood in front of her and I just don't know how I can convey this concern to my girlfriend.

Wow - I am REALLY torn on this one I have to say. I don't think that nudity should necessarily be as condemned as it is in our society. A big part of me says we should embrace our bodies...and teach our children the same thing. I also don't think that it should necessarily matter that this is your girlfriend's daughter as opposed to your biological daughter. My 'kids' are not mine biologically - they were from a previous marriage - but every one of them is as important to me as if they were my own...and I have never done anything different with them because they were not mine biologically. The youngest have, in fact, seen me naked...but both are boys.

So...I think I am going to think on this one some more...and if I come up with more I will post those thoughts.... You have my mind working now!

Honestly i don't think it's a good idea.. she's already 5 and she knows by now what those parts are my son is 3 and i can't even change in front of him, i just think it's not appropriate to be in front of her like that. good luck! and i think it's actaully against the law in some states just so u know!

So - I have thought about this one some more...and I came up with a few more points. It's sad to say - but I think if this was a boy instead of a girl it would make a difference socially - and it would be more 'acceptable.

BUT - I think the bigger issue here is that you are uncomfortable with it! And - that should be all that matters. If your girlfriend is comfortable enough in your relationship to ask you to shower with her and her daughter - than she should be accepting of your thoughts, and if you tell her it makes you uncomfortable - that should be more than enough for her!

I wish you guys the best of luck - and I actually think it says a LOT about how close your 'family' is that this would be something that you all would even consider!