Hello, I am a woman who is 34 years old. I wonder when I should stop bathing my child. He is 8 years old. Is that a little weird or you thinking it is normal? I would like a straight answer. Is it ok if I bath him till he is 10? I am not really sure about this. Thank you in advance for your answer.

Hi there, I think that he is certainly old enough to start bathing himself now. There is no need for you to do it anymore. Trust me I let my child to bath for himself when he was 6 years old. He will know what to do trust me. It would be pretty bad if you continue to bath him till he is 10. He should learn how to do things he can by himself. I know that he is your little boy, but you will spoil him and you certainly don't want to do that.

You should have stopped bathing him when he was around 5 or 6, imagine a Dad asking if he should stop bathing his 10yr old daughter?
I am shocked that this is still happening.
He needs his privacy, give it to him-I'm shocked reading this.

it's fine... you can shower/bathe with him/her as long as you want... it isn't sexual and he will ask for privacy when he wants it.. so many people are freaked out by nudity between a parent and his/her children and think it's automatically sexual.. those people are sick and need professional help.. not everyone is molesting their child just because they are nude together.. as a single father I shower with my daughter (9months) all the time and I would never touch her in an inappropriate manner. I am also a MD in a pediatric clinic and i have a healthy sexual relationship with an ADULT woman.. everyone is so worried about a child being Sexually Abused and it leads to nervous and sexually repressed adolescents and adults.. just relax..

I have 4 children ages 16-10 3 sons and a daughter i still bathe my kids

sahnoaman wrote:

quite right. still bathe together but get them to wash themselves. there's nothing wrong with nudity

At that age I would begin giving him his privacy. It's not exactly normal to do that, however, there isn't anything wrong with it.
By now he's 13 and he is most likely going through puberty. I'm sure you give him his privacy at this point.

i'm 15 and still haven't hit puberty should i go to the doctor

Yes you should see a doctor, but your post is kind of misplaced.

I think as long as your son is ok and doesn't mind showering with you it's up  to you.   In the u.s. nudity is shined in a negative light, but in Europe and around the world the body is viewed more in an art sense.  So, ask him if he wants more privacy or not I think it's up to you as a family.

I think bathing a child causes easier relationship skills later, rather than the "cooties" effect. Your virgin "Mary" merely 14 and pregnant should give a clue to you.

I'm 10 turning 11 in September and my mom bathes me even if I talk to her she still continues

I used to think I was about 5 when my mother stopped bathing me which included retracting my foreskin to wash under it but I recently realized the memory is of being in a bathtub with a shower curtain in a bathroom that didn't exist until they remodeled the house when I was 10. So she was still bathing me at 10 or older.

I guess it depends on culture, I'm a Swedish mom with son 10 year old and we still shower

My daughters are 8 and 10 I still wash them in the shower to make sure they get their hair washed right.