So my partner and I have decided we want to have sex for the first time. I am a virgin, but he is not. I just wanted to know how safe is sex with a condom? I have heard stories among stories of girls getting pregnant while still using a condom. Seeing as we are both not prepared to deal with a child right now, we want to take the utmost care in what we do. Advice, anyone?

Make sure the condom doesn't break.
If you don't get lubricated enough naturally, use some KY or something that isn't petroleum based because that may damage the comdom.

Use a good quality condoms. Read the instructions inside. Like njoynlife said, if you wont lubricant you should use water based one.
Condom usually come with the spermicidal lubricant already and so far it is best protection against pregnancy.
See the expire date on it, make sure they wasn't exposed to direct sunlight or capped in pocket for the very long time.
So called pre-cum can contain significant amount of sperm, especially if your boyfriend have ejaculated recently, so make sure not to get in contact with it with your vagina. Also after the sex make sure to get his penis out on time so the condom wouldn't ware of.
If you have any more questions contact me via my website ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

My two cents,

When he pulls out make sure he holds the end of the condom so that it doesn't come off and remain inside of you.

Put it on before there is any penetration.

If the condom comes off, get a new one. Don't chance reusing it.