I’m currently 31 years old and 115lbs. My weight has been stable for the past 12 years. I’m hoping someone on this website can help me solve or figure out what’s wrong with me. Put simply, I have stomach aches.

For the first half of my life, I’ve been very healthy with no problems. Then one day, during my sophomore year in college, I ended up with the worst stomach ache in my life. It was so bad and painful, that I just wanted to die. The cause was Burger King’s Whopper. I went there about once or twice a week. I never had any problems whatsoever with eating Whoppers. I went there on the Monday of that week, and I was perfectly fine. Then, I went again on Thursday. The next morning when I woke up, I felt a slight pain in my stomach, but I thought it was nothing. 30 minutes later, that slight pain was killing me, and I ended up with the worst stomach ache ever, so bad that just breathing made it hurt. I had no idea what the cause was until a week later when I went to Burger King again and got another Whopper, followed by another stomach ache. After that, I never went back there.

When I have stomach aches, the pain basically comes and goes. Maybe for a minute or two, the majority of the pain would subside, but then, a moment later, the horrid pain would come back, then it’d subside again, and come back later. This would keep on going on until I "eject it" from my system, if you know what I mean.

As to what’s causing me to have these pains, I’m not entirely sure, some food or particular ingredient is my best guess. It’s somewhat complicated. Here’s my theory as to what’s going on: I eat a lot of the same food. Every time, I go to the grocery store, I’d but the “usual” stuff. But after years of eating the same food, I “think” that an ingredient in the food stays inside of me and “piles up”. For example, let’s say that there was a cup inside of me, and that cup gathers some particular ingredient, that stays in me (cumulates). After years of eating that same food, the cumulating ingredient reaches the top of the cup and overflows. As a result, I get a horrid stomach ache and I can no longer eat that particular food. I’m sure that there are flaws in my theory, but that’s the most accurate way I can explain it.

Here’s a short list of foods that I used to eat a lot, but if I ever eat them again, I’ll get a stomach ache:

Burger King Whopper
Salsa
Beef and Bean Burrito
Soy Sauce
Nalley’s Chili

There are lots of other things that cause pain, but I don’t keep track of them, even though I should. The foods that are listed above are the ones that give me extreme pain. There are some other foods that still give me minor pain.

There is something that sort of cancels out the pain, and that would be Baking Soda. 3 teaspoons of baking soda mixed with 12 oz of water would cancel out the pain, for the most part. But it still feels like they’re having a “verbal battle”. If I ate the food and didn’t take the baking soda, it would feel like they were having a physical battle in my stomach, which would be very painful. However, if I take the baking soda it still hurts a little bit. Plus, it’s irritating in a way. As if there was still a battle going on, but a verbal one rather than physical.

The physical pain is only half of what bothers me. The other half is not knowing what the real cause is. I keep on telling my mom that I just have a weak immune system.

Notes: As to how healthy I eat, well I eat my salads and usually take my vitamins. I’m not as healthy as most people, but I don’t live on junk food.

Note 02: I thought that Sodium Benzoate was the culprit, but it’s not found on the chili or salsa. Plus, Coke and Sprite have it, and I don’t have any problems drinking them.

Note 03: I’ve tried things like Tumbs and Pepto-bismal, plus a few other drugs meant for stomach pain, but they were of absolutely no use.

I went to a doctor once about this, the only advice he could offer was, “if it causes pain, then don’t eat it.”

Please, if you have any advice or suggestions or even know what’s behind all of this, please let me know.

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Tosh

I have been having this same problem and i can tell you exactly what it is. It is the grease in the foods. The grease in the food can back your bowel movements up very bad. And that is what happened to me. I kept getting sharp pains like you are talking about and i was back and forth to the hospital and the doctors office. And they did catscans ect. they told me it was air bubbles in my intestines. Which was caused by greasy foods. I hope this helps!!!!

Well, that sounds very interesting, but what can I do prevent it from happening again? How can I cure this "bubbles in my intestines"? Put simply, what did you do to solve your problem? And please don't tell me that there's no solution. I don't want to go through the rest of my life like this.

Actually the hospital had to give me some kind of drink to help clean out my system. Other than that you have to watch what you eat. Like tomatoes, onions, fryed foods, its beeter to eat it baked. Anything with alot of acid will really hurt your stomach. And ill tell you honestly they havent found out how to fix this but those things above will help it not be as bad!!!!!!!!!

Did that "drink" help, as in make a slight improvement? If so, how did it help?

Was this drink for "short term"? In other words, was it basically their version of Peptobismol? Or was it for long term?

The drink was some kind of lemon flavored water and it makes you have to poop alot but it does clean out your systom for a while. I actually have to make an appt. to go and have a colonatomy done most likely. Im not sure if you know what that is but it is where they go through your anus with this long tube looking thing and they clean out your intestines and after that you shouldnt have any more problems. But in another case my mother has had it done 3 times and it keeps coming back. So some people can get rid of it in the first try and others it may take a few times. My mother is well now and does not have this problem anymore. I hope this helps and I hope i havent scared you on what i have told you. But this sounds exactly like what i am going through and this is what has happened and what is most likely going to happen in my situation. :-)

uuuhhhh, yuck. hahaha

A few more questions if you don't mind:

1) So, was my previous theory about "ingredients cumulating", somewhat accurate. Did eating too much of the same food leave something behind in my intestines?

2) When you had pain, was it in your stomache area, mainly around where your belly button is, that's where my pain is, sort of below the belly button.

3) Can you give me more details on the "colonatomy", just in case I decided to get it done to myself? I couldn't find that word in the dictionary and only two results appeared in Google.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get to the bottom of this once and for all.

Yes probably eating so many greasy foods at one ofter the other that will really mess you up! And my pains were right under my left breast near my colon and around my beely button so yes the pains can very in different places it just depends on how big your digestive system is. And to look this up on google and get better results here is the correct spelling for it (colostomy) I hope this helps you out!!!!

Thanks for your help teenmom17. I'm going to look into this more. I also posted the same question on some other sites, what can I say, I'm "desperate" in finding a solution. If I find out anything new, I'll be sure to let you know.

If you have any more info, please don't hesitate to post it.

Hey teenmom17, there something else I've wanted to ask you. You stated that you also experience the same type of pain that I do, but I was curious as to the cause of it.
What I mean is, did your problems arise when you ate too much of the same food like me, or was it basically just from any type of greasy food.

Mostly greasy foods really but also stuff that has alot of acid like onions, tomatoes, stuff like that but the doctor thinks something else is wrong too. I have had numerous catscans done and all they can say is "Oh you have an Ulcer." So i go monday and I am going to have an ultrasound done on my whole intire stomach. I hope I find out something soon I'm tired of not being able to do anything ya know. So as soon as I find out I will for sure let you know something!!!

I'm really looking forward to the results of your test. Maybe it can help me solve my problem.

I actually found out what is wrong and now I have to have 2 different surgeries at one time which sucks. I have 15 gallstones and I have a massive upper abdomen hernia. But I also have the problem with the greasy food. So the way I fixed this problem was I had to change my diet completely I now have to bake all my foods. I dont go out to eat, I have to watch what I eat now and yes it sucks but it helps alot...

Thanks for the info, you've given me a lot to think about. Hopefully, I'll be able to rid myself of this horrid stomach pains one way or the other.

Your very welcome I am actually in the hospital right now. I had my gallbladder taken out yesterday and besides the surgery its self I'm not hurting at all. I'm so glad I decided to have this surgery I know it will be worth it. And I hope you find out whats going on with you. Have you went an seen a doctor? You can request an ultrasound to check for gaa stones. I had the pain for so long and the stones for so long they were inbedded into my gallbladder wall. So they went ahead and just took my whole gallbladder out so this wont happen again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)