I need to know something more about CHF. My mother is 61 year old and she has been diagnosed with this illness. Doctor also mentioned something about fluid build up, but I did not quite understand the connection with the heart problems. She started her medication therapy yesterday, but she will also have some consultations regarding her diets and light exercises.

CHF – Congestive Heart Failure most often develops in years, even decades, and during these periods, there might be no symptoms at all! Doctors say that this is because our heart is trying to compensate for the disorder, pumps harder, gets bigger, etc. CGF is actually a fluid build up, usually in lungs or some other tissue in our organism, caused by heart trouble. As for treatment, she has already started with the therapy, and I assume that she will be told how to improve her way of living in a manner that would ensure her heart’s condition improvement.