:'( :'( In less than a week after I had gall bladder removal,I had had a low fever.I went in to the surgeon at the end of the week,he drained fluid;in another week,again.He seems upset/his nurse is extremely rude;and again,I am having A VERY HARD TIME.I can not sleep,much,as when I attempt to lay on my right side,IMMEDIATELY,the pressure is HORRIBLE,to the point that it makes my heart feel strange?I feel STUFFED,inside.I have had some slight nauseua,again,and indigestion.ALL across the front of my belly there is so much pressure.WHERE is the fluid comng from??The surgeon does not want to discuss anything!Even across my back,aches.I am truly exhausted from not sleeping and the surgeons nurse says,"You have'nt gone back to work yet."
HOW DUMB IS THAT!Instead of caring to help,I get something different from him,and his nurse.

My church's pastors wife is now going thorugh the same thing. She is been in the hospital since Thursday night and the DOOFS have no idea. The doctors in this area nearly let me die by saying it was not my thyroid. It was even though I was in their normal scales but new thyroid standards had come out 7 years ago.

Did the condition ever get resolved?

Best wishes in all your endeavours.

some of the things i do that help out is eat less on the meals , less greasy foods , i've try the bile salts but don't use it now. My doctor got me on some meds also (Dicyclomine 10mg) help out a little ..also I use a (Abdominal Binder) however I go off my diet a lot .. start eating wrong foods... and it start actiog up again. A friend told me about this over the counter med (Acidophilus Probiotic) but havn't try it of yet. I don't take a lot of Pain meds really I believe that the wrong way to go. If I stay out of the fast food places and ribs, pizza foods like that I do pretty good......I get a little pain in the lower abdominal but I can handle it ok. we all have to work it out in our own way... hope it might help someone out....happy days ahead......

Please see an experienced, highly regarded physician in the field of cholescystectomy and go through the appropriate tests. Wife down symptoms, do timeline and continue this unt problem is rectified. A good physician will be happy you do so and it will help you gain some clarity and empower you. This is nothing to fool around with. There are serious problems that can arise as result of gallbladder removal. Here are a few: cut into one of the ducts or another organ. Narrowing of a duct which could block necessary enzymes, bile or other products from aiding in digestive process. Bile reflux, pancreatitis, cirrhosis of the liver, infection. Some of these can even be fatal.

do you get nauseua and heartburn .no fever but occassional chills. I had a ultra sound done which showed fluid build up a couple of weeks ago. got major back pain and pain under the rib. it went away. then almost a week ago the nausea and heart burn. The doctor put it all the heartburn today and said it was gasteritis but I still think its fluid. More neuseua then heartburn.

my mother had complete removal of the gallbladder in February and was just released from the hospital a week ago she is experiencing a lot of fluid build up is this normal? her left breast is filled up with fluid as the legs and feet. Her doctor told her to take an extra water pill in the afternoon and after 5 days it will go down and this is day three and its the same, any suggestions?

Thank you, Karen