for the past two years my Father has had a fluid build up in his abdomon from an unknown origin. He has been tested for cancer, had an upper and lower G I, Cat Scan, Pet Scan, MRI and no one has been able to find where it is coming from. His Surgon says that it looks like someone poured a bucket of crazy glue all over the inside of his stomach. My fathers intestines have harded, and when the Surgeon tried to remove his gaul bladder, and said that do to the hardening even with a 4 inch incission, he could not even get his finger inside.
The fluid has been drained 4 times "possibly more" over the past 2 years. The first time, 2 litters, the next time it was 4 cups, 1 litter, then yesterday during his surgery to repair the 2 hernias that were not repaired two years ago upon finging the condition of his abdomon, and fluid build up, another quart was drained. His surgeon said that he was having someone from radiology drain more as it was in pockets through out the abdomon. The doctors are at a lose as what is happening. My fathers is vomiting several times daily and has lost about 65 pound in the past year and 1/2 do to this.

That sounds like a very difficult situation to deal with and my heart goes out to you. I hope that you are able to find a solution to this very quickly. As for who he's seen, has he gone to any gastrointerologists or anything? I think that it might be good to go to a GI specialist if he hasn't already. I know that the surgeon has spoken of some of his concerns, but surgeons are not always experts in certain areas, so it helps to get a second perspective. I hope that someone is able to help you soon. Keep us posted?

My sister has had 4 surgeries since Thanksgiving for fluid. Her intestines were so "water logged" they were floating and she would bend over and it would kink up. She would have to lay down for awhile. She went down to 79 pounds and is on TPN treatment. Nutrition that goes directly into her blood stream. And a drain line 24/7. They gave her no reason why this is happening. She is only 51 years old and has had no major illnesses. Except for lactose intolerance. 2 different surgeons have not found any cancer, lesions, etc. to cause this.

My brother is going through this now. Docs have no answers. Does anyone have any updated info?

My sister is going through this right now. We've been told it has never happened to anyone else before. It's very interesting to hear your experiences and how similar they are to hers. Can anyone tell me what was tried and anything that worked? What a heart wrenching experience this is.