I had surgery to remove the left lobe of my thyroid three weeks ago. Immediately after surgery I experienced minimal swelling but now I have a large bulge in the center of my throat. The dr says it is fluid and will go away in time. Meanwhile, it looks bad and is uncomfortable. My neck feels tight and my clothes rub the site. Any suggestions on what to expect from this?

I also had fluid buildup - it was like a pocket of fluid where the drains were removed my surgery. My doctor drained it with a needle, and it came back a little bit - but it took the pressure away and helped it heal. However he said it was not harmful and would reabsorb eventually. Maybe you can ask to have it drained?
Hopefully you feel better soon.

I have this too, it is unsightly swollen in my lower throat and it has been 1 week since my surgery. The doctor brought up it possibly being fluid and the whole needle to remove it, but I am there with the stiff swollen neck and still not able to turn my head enough to drive and wondering if it is the fluid keeping my neck from being able to turn like it used to. How long did your doctor's tell you it should take to go away?

I had surgery March 7 and have had fluid buildup since - has been drained twice and has come back again, where does this come from and when will it dissapate:

i have this fluid sac in my throat what do i do

I've had my thyroids removed two weeks ago, since then I've had to return to my doctor three times to have fluid drained out my neck (suction with a needle). When there's alot of fluid buidup it makes the neck very uncomfortable. It's best to get it checked out and maybe drained by your doctor.

I had mine removed 2 weeks ago, and see swelling now, it's not uncomfortable yet but worried myself.

I had my thyroid removed 7 days ago and have been back three times to have it drained. It is building up again ... It looks terrible .... I feel like I have a knot in my throat and keep coughing up Flem and I am not a smoker. I had an ultrasound and now they want a ct scan. They said it's fluid build up and it will absorb in my body ... But so far it just keeps building up:(

Same issue , swollen neck after surgery left thyroid was removed and now fluid in incision and have to wait for my appointment next month to get fluid removed ! Sore neck and painful. ,

Hope they get you back to feeling better ! I have to get my drained next month ! Been almost 3 weeks and I Hurt in my throat ! Painful to touch my skin on my throat ! Swollen ! Hope they do not have to drain my that many times ! Wow get better soon