My dad's gallbladder was removed about 1 1/2 months ago. He is getting tube feedings. He now has developed nausea and the doctor said there is fluid built up where the gall bladder was that needs to be drained. What does this mean?

Anyone? I'm looking at the same thing in about 6 days. What is the fluid and why would it be there and will this likely be an outpatient thing?

Sorry I can answer what your father's fluid may be caused from for sure. It might be that infection has set in.
My father had a severe gall bladder attack last year and went to the ER.
Come to find out his gall bladder, pancreas and liver were all very badly diseased, infected and enlarged. He was admitted to the hospital for several days so they could give him an IV with strong anti biotics. Then they inserted a drainage tube to drain the infection and reduced the size of his gall bladder so he could have it removed.

The drainage tube was a real pain for him but he was a real trooper. He had it during the hot summer months and the tape holding it in place made him miserable because of the heat.
The tube had to be cleaned with distilled water and a syringe, along with new bandages on a daily basis. Which is probably common practice if your father has a feeding tube. He had it for 10 wks before the infection was cleared up and they could do surgery.

The only way to find out for sure why your father has to have a drainage tube is to ask his doctor to explain. Could it be his pancreas or liver are infected?

Let us know what you find out. I'm sure there are several people out there wondering this also.