Hi, I have symptoms of incontinence, urgency to urinate, and frequent urinations. My doctor suspects that it could be cystitis since I already had it once. But, I believe it is an overactive bladder, since I have constant need to urinate. What is the difference between cystitis and overactive bladder?

An overactive bladder is a condition where the bladder is contracted too often and it cannot be suppressed. Many people with overactive bladder are too embarrassed to talk of it, so it is believed that the condition is much more often, than we know. Some, just give up thinking that it is a normal consequence of aging. Anyway, an overactive bladder may be result of urinary tract infection. It can be persistent but, completely curable condition. Benign prostatic obstruction may provoke common discharge of bladder. Parkinsons Disease, Multiple Sclerosis or after a stroke common urinating is seen.