Im a 16 year old guy, and i do NOT suffer from the normal form of phimosis. what hurts is the point where the head of the penis is attached to the glans part of the penis. And im assuming that this is different from the phimosis which every other site seems to just say that i need to practice stretching, cuz this isnt a problem with the foreskin, rather this little piece of skin attaching the two parts. It doesnt caused pain wil masturbation, however, the foreskin can only retract about half way on the side opposite the attachment and almost not at all on the side of the attachment. is there any possible solution that i could perform or something that i could do without involving my parents/doctors?

The little piece of skin is called a frenulum. Sometimes it is too short.

There is a procedure called a frenulectomy that may be able to help your situation. No, you can't do it yourself. Make an appointment with a urologist as this is their area of expertise. They will look at it and determine best how to treat.

If it does require the frenulectomy, it is done in the office and is usually very quick. There will be some blood, and it will be sore for a few days.

Hope it helps.

medic dan i have pretty much  the same problem as what 'spanzose' described, i just looked up the frenulum and i dont think this is what hes getting (or for me its not anyway) the strips if skin are on the top on the opposite side to the frenulum. any ideas about this ??

Hi guest,

When you are born, the foreskin is attached to the head of the penis. Normally it separates as you grow. It should be separated by the time you reach puberty.

Don't pull it yourself. It will tear and lead to scar tissue. You should see a urologist. They can examine it and if necessary separate it.

This IS NOT a circumcision.

Hope it helps.

hey dan, thanks for your help, sorry i forgot to mention that i was circumcised from an early age but there are 2 strips of skin still attached to the head... i dont no if this makes a difference or not?? either way i wanna get it sorted :/ but to be honest am hugely embarassed about seeking help

No worries.

Actually, the strips may be from the circumcision. Sometimes they forcibly separate the head from the foreskin and sometimes it doesn't come off cleanly, leaving the strips.

See a urologist. I can understand you being embarrassed but this is what they do. They can evaluate it and treat it. They've seen everything. Better the urologist fixes it so you AREN'T embarrassed, can relax, and enjoy sex.

again, thanks very much, i have no idea where to find one of those blokes so should i just go to my local nhs center or is there a way i can get hold of 1 of them??

Sorry, I'm in the US. Our health system is a bit "different" than yours.

Go to the NHS center. They should be able to refer you to a urologist or another doctor that can help.

Good luck.

I think I have the same problem. On the side of my penis there is a patch of skin connected to my head from my foreskin. I was circumsized as a baby and I've just lived with it my entire life. It affects my confidence with girls now that I'm nearly 17. I feel embarressed and scared and I don't know what to do. It doesn't hurt or anything. And there is a small hole near the center of this overlapping skin. I've tried to gain information through posts like yours but haven't found much luck

Hi Magan,

Your best resource would be a urologist.  This is their area of expertise.  They can diagnose and suggest treatment.  Without an exam, it's hard to give specific advice.

Don't be embarrassed about doing this.  They've seen everything.  Your parents will be concerned of course but that's because they worry about you.  Just tell them what you told us, or show them your post.

Good luck Magan.  Hope it helps.

Hey im 13 and i think i have the same problem. Though I have not been circumsied. I try to pull my foreskin back but there is a piece of skin attachting it to the head of my penis. Sometimes when i get errections it bends the head of my penis to the side ://. I was reading about and aparantly its suppose to come of before puberty. I have started puberty and this little peice of skin is still stuck to the head of my penis... What can i do without telling my parents im way to embarrsed to do so.
HELP!

Hi King,

You can try, gently, to help it separate. Don't force it.

While in the shower with lots of water and soap, get the area very wet and pull down on it so that you are pulling the area apart. Again, don't force it, you just want to put tension on it. If you do this often enough it should help it separate. Don't tear the skin.

If it doesn't work, see a urologist and they can separate it.

medic dan is it normal to have a strip of skin attached to the tip of my penis glans and the foreskin? im almost 13, haven't hit puberty and im afraid if i need to go to the doctor, once i hit puberty will it tear and cause pain? please msg me information, and the answers i really need to know. im to embarressed to tell parents,family or anyone else?

Same thing with me a piece of skin from the head is atached to the foreskin which looks like is connected to a vein. Also the skin piece is red and when i pull back my foreskin it wont go all the way back because this skin is attached to head and foreskin. It also is on the right side.

i m 21 years old guy ....i don't know wheather m suffering from phimosis or para-phimosis....the problem with me is that skin is so tight that when penis gets erected ...it become lil painful and head looks like swellon.....also the skin from head is attached to foreskin ...which is not retractable and cause pain if forcibly tried to do so ........
     problem is caused due to tight skin and that frenulum which makes y like structure ... i think if frenulum is retracted frm head ...it will loosen up the skin and will let penis to erect less painfully ....
  i don't wan't to undergo surgery is there any medication except surgury ..... ???? can any one help me out of this problem...?????