I’ve recently heard that penis foreskin is supposed to retract automatically when erect without having to be “manually” pulled back and should stay retracted until the erection goes. I’ve also heard that if that is not the case, it can lead to several implications. I’m uncut (and plant to stay) and during erection and intercourse my foreskin is not totally retracted – during intercourse it is sliding up and down. So, I’m wondering weather that can cause any implications?

Well, I know many uncut guys who have same “problem” as you. I’ve also read a lot on this issue and I can assure you that there’s nothing wrong or dangerous with it. Of course, if you’re uncut, you have to pay more intention to your penis hygiene because during normal life, and especially during intercourse, lot’s of stuff can be held beneath foreskin. You should retract your foreskin and wash your penis thoroughly each day – in that case there is nothing to worry about.

Only a minority of uncut boys completely auto-retract and stay retracted upon erection. You already know if this is a problem or not, because the free sliding action during intercourse can leave you with a sense of "f*****g yourself inside your foreskin". If this does not bother you or diminish your sexual sensation significantly, fine. Otherwise, do not ignore or marginalize the problem, and consider getting cut.

There are so few penile problems listed here relating to circumcised penises, it almost makes a case for routine circumcision, even if there were not so many other reasons that can be put forward for this procedure. Having "owned" an uncircumcised penis as long as I have a circumcised one, it pains me to see that no matter how much difficulty some men posting here have with their foreskins, they would NEVER entertain having a circumcision. This is a shame because, if done correctly as an adult, the sexual and hygienic benefits stand in such contrast to the natural (yet-to-be-improved-upon) penis. The FUD propagated by the anti-circumcision lot is disgusting as it is preventing many of the men with problems from functionally satisfactorily.

A NORMAL foreskin should retract on erection easily and not bunch up behind the glans when it is retracted. Instead, the foreskin should retract flat against the shaft, with no pulling on the glans from the frenulum causing it to bend or be under tension. In fact to the inexperienced eye, the penis should look circumcised.

On every forum about penile problems, it is so heavily dominated by foreskin issues that it should make readers stop and think for a minute!

For those of you considering the procedure, know that the only thing you will say afterwards is, "Why on earth did I wait so long?" The answer is of course fear of the pain, which is minimal despite the horror stories, and the loss of sensation, which is actually enhanced for intercourse and there is no more tender, "ouchiness" to the glans which is a benefit.

I have noticed that during retraction of my uncut penis that whenever i am erect it seems very tight and uncomfortable. During intercourse it prevents me from ejaculation possibly because it is too tight? If I were to masturbate without the retraction, i can ejaculate no problem.
Wondering what is wrong??

Cutlate7 said it all. Of course not every foreskin problem requires circumcision to fix, but every foreskin problem does require recognizing that it exists and then doing SOMETHING about it. Thanks for your thoughts. Uncut guys, listen up. This guy has had it both ways, so he knows what he is talking about.

When my penis is erect, my foreskin can retract but is hard for it to stay retracted, and when it does it bunches up behind the head. Just from reading the previous posts about when the penis is fully erect it should look uncircumsized, mine doesn't.
Is there anything i can do?

my foreskin doesnt go over my head atall? ive never thought much of it though

I'm just going to post this link... It helps a lot.

http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/info/info-forcedretraction.html

you all are killn me with this get it fixed issue. just because you all got it
cut off does not make you have the abblilty to give advice to a person who i s natural. We can go from normal to cut. you on the other hand are stuck. so untill you know the norms of what is and isnt normal shut out and let the people who are normal and not cut give advise that is useful and not full of well i guess your gona need to get that fixed. YOU should ask you mom why she got you FIXED.... in stead of letting you stay NORMAL........... all of these guys who are normal stay that way. you all that are cut. ask your self mmmmmmm why did god make that, that way. and dont give me that hygen c**p either. it goes in the same place yours does............

This is not quite correct. Many, perhaps most men, have foreskins that retract on erection, however, some men have longer foreskins that do not retract.o This is normal and does not hurt anything.

There is an advantage to the foreskin "sliding up and down" because that reduces friction and abrasions. It also helps to keep vaginal lubrication within the vagina.

I don't see that you have a problem.

READ that link and stop giving out this %*&$ about the only way out is circumcision! some people were not circumsized and lived fine w/o it. the only reason to do anything to an intact penis is if the foreskin was retracted early and caused REAL medical problems. so all of you who say and believe that circumcision is the best remedy, shut the ^&%* up unless you actually know what you are talking about.

The notion that a man’s foreskin will retract when he gets an erection is only partially true. A foreskin will only retract if the tip of the foreskin is wide enough to pass over the head of the penis. A foreskin will only retract if it is shorter than the erect penis. A foreskin that is longer than the penis will never retract automatically but may be retracted manually, provided it the tip is wide enough to pass over the head of the erect penis. A long foreskin is likely to slide/roll forward and recover the glans penis when it is released.

Many boys and adolescents have foreskins with tips that are too narrow to retract.

The long foreskin provides superior protection to the head of the penis. Moreover, the ancient Greeks considered a long, tapering foreskin to be a sign of male beauty. The long tip is called the akroposthion.

Your foreskin is supposed to slide up and down during intercourse. That is called the gliding action. The long foreskin may improve the sexual experience because of its superior gliding action.