I'm 17 and uncut. I have never retracted my foreskin, nor tried to retract it, partly due to fear. I was just wandering, for my first foreskin retraction, should i be getting an erection and letting the foreskin retract automatically or should i manually pull it back, and whether it should be flaccid or erect.

You don't have to worry, I had just about the same problem as you, but first of you should just manually retract it when its flaccid, at least once a day as far back as it can go without actually hurting you for about 40 seconds, and then pull it back, do this process for a while every day. And when you feel its time to move on to doing it while its erect, just do it slowly, because it might get stuck if you try and force it over the head, because the glans of the penis gets a lot bigger then when it was flaccid. 

Sincerely,
Mitch

Its Mitch again, sorry I left out a bit. If it ever does get stuck, just squeeze the head a little to reduce the blood flow in the glans, and also, it would be better do it with an erection. Hope I helped :D