I am a 31 year old male.

I will state some facts to avoid making this longer than it needs to be.

I have just had a Frenuplasty operation due to experiencing pain during sex over a number of years.

I first noticed a problem around five years ago when a girl retracted my foreskin when i was erect, quite fast and hard, a yank almost, this hurt but no blood.

Since then i have had sex but now and again getting the same problem.

I didnt go to doctor for a while as not having sex so i didnt think there was problem.

From puberty until around five years ago i had enjoyable sex with many partners without retracting my foreskin past the Glans.

I was unaware that the foreskin should retract past the glans.

From what i can remember i have not had sex with my foreskin behind the Glans.

I have always masturbated with foreskin covering glans happily.

Recently i tried masturbating with foreskin stuck tight behind the Glans but this requires lubrication or it is painful.

Q. Is this because I am not used to the Glans being exopsed?

I have always been able to retract my foreskin when NOT erect, quite far past the glans.
When erect however the foreskin does not retract past the glans without getting stuck.

The glans seem quite big when erect and once foreskin is behind, it is stuck tight and cannot move back up glans until the penis is soft again.

I thought and have read it should move freely back & forth.

I had the Frenuplasty about 4 weeks ago.

I can now retract my foreskin past the glans (with slightly more comfort) but the foreskin still remains behind the glans.

Q. Is this dangerous, does it cut off blood supply ?

Q. Should i be having sex with foreskin stuck behind the glans now or should it now move past the glans and back to tip of penis?

I can masturbate but i would be very nervous if someone was to do this to me and yank the foreskin past the erect glans as i think this would tear the foreskin.

Q. Is this just beacuse the skin is not used to being pulled back.

I have always pulled my foreskin back to clean, but i was never told to pull my foreskin behind glans when urinating. (Dad died young so poss reason for not knowing,combined with peer embarrasment)

My doctor said to try it out in next few months but i have no partner and i was to embarrassed to ask..'what is the correct way to have sex'?

Ive had sex plenty of times and enjoyed it but all this has made me think

Q.Am i missing some extra stimulation.

Am i doing it wrong.

I hope i have been clear and informative to help you help me.

Pls try and answer the main questions i have put in bold, and any extra advice is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

JC

Hi there, it sounds like you're really anxious but there is nothing wrong with you! Your frenulum can go past the glans during sex and it's nothing abnormal. I think that you're fine and there's really nothing wrong with you. Have you spoken to any medical professionals about this or even your friends?

You are 70% over your problem your glans and frenilum will be sensitive cause you state that you masturbate with your foreskin over the glans, to overcome you problem is easy always use a lubricant before you masturbate this will help the foreskin to slip easy over the glans but don't force the foreskin over the glans in the beginning take it easy the skin will stretch it self by time you have to masturbate more regally the more you do it the sooner the problem will be solve. The foreskin should stay behind the glans but must can retract by the hand easily even if it is erect. But this will only happened after the foreskin stretched it self till the right size.

The foreskin has muscle fibers within it that keep it close to the glans. In the tip of the foreskin that extends beyond the glans, the muscle fibers encounter no resistance so they shrink up and make the tip narrow. This can make the foreskin difficult or impossible to retract until the tip is stretched. It seems to me that since your foreskin is locking behind the head, you have not stretched the tip enough.

You ask is it dangerous for the foreskin to remain behind the glans. Well, it depends on how tight your foreskin really is and how long your foreskin stays behind the glans. If it is tight enough to interfere with blood circulation, when paraphimosis can happen and this is a medical emergency.

I don't know who told you that you had to pull your foreskin behind the glans during urination.

Unless you have a urinary tract infection, urine is a sterile substance that cleans out the foreskin when you pee through it. All intact little boys pee through their foreskins. Many adults pee through their foreskins. It is a matter of preference. Some prefer to pee through their foreskin because it is easier not to retract. Others prefer to retract because it is easier to aim the stream. It is your choice.

With regard to masturbation, I suggest that you do it the way it feels best. If you want to rub the glans you will need lubrication.

It seems to me that the most important thing for you to do now is to stretch the tip wider. Once you do that your foreskin want lock in the coronal sulcus.

The first thing to try with a tight foreskin is to stretch it---thumbs and forefingers on both sides and pull in offosite directions, but not hard enough to hurt. Do it at least a few minutes every day. If there's no pain there can be no damage, and there will be no loss of sensitivity. Masturbation should become easier and more pleasurable. I find that the best way to have sex is to pinch my foreskin hear the tip on the frenulum side so as to insert as much of it as possible into my partner, using saliva on the outer foreskin to lubricate during insertion. I never have need of a lubricant, because once I am in my pre-ejaculate takes care of it without reducing sensitivity, as lubricants often do. I have ho partner at present either, so don't be embarrassed. Sex is always better with someone I care about, and I'm working on that.

I understand that your foreskin is now stuck behind the glans.

Paraphimosis is the name of the condition of a retracted foreskin that is stuck behind the glans penis (head) of the penis and will not go forward. One can read about paraphimosis on the Internet.

If the foreskin is tight enough it can cut off blood circulation to the head and cause edema (swelling due to fluid accumulation). Paraphimosis should be promptly reduced when it occurs. Paraphimosis may be reduced by squeezing the head of the penis really hard to force the blood to leave the head. This will reduce the size of the head temporarily at which time the foreskin may be brought forward.

If attempts to reduce the paraphimosis are unsuccessful, then one should go to the emergency room of a nearby hospital.

I think you need to do some foreskin stretching to widen your foreskin so that it does not get stuck behind the glans and can move freely to and fro.

Some guys have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen. When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work.

In my opinion, masturbation with the foreskin over the glans is the best way to masturbate, but not everyone agrees with me. One should do what one likes.

No. The frenuloplasty permits further retraction than before but it does not keep the foreskin behind the glans. The foreskin is protective and is supposed to stay forward covering the head most of the time.

The goal is to have a foreskin that glides freely back and forth. To achieve this, you need to keep stretching your forekin.

Most foreskinned guys find that masturbation is best with the foreskin forward over the head.

When your foreskin is loose enough it will glide smoothly back and forth during sexual intercourse. Since it is still somewhat tight, it is likely to remain behind the head during sexual intercouse.

Hi Cocko;

Apparently, you have a long foreskin.

One more observation:

The position of the foreskin is determined by the length of the foreskin in comparison to the length of the penis. A long foreskin will not retract automatically upon erection, but a short foreskin will retract. A short foreskin may not cover the head even when the penis is soft.

The foreskin is an asset and highly beneficial. A long foreskin is more of an asset and more beneficial than a short foreskin. Moreover, the ancient Greeks considered a long, tapering foreskin to be a sign of male beauty. The long tip is called the akroposthion. Long full-length foreskins will not auto-retract on erection. Only inadequate short foreskins will auto-retract.

For your skin to go back, the foreskin has to be wide enough to retract over the head. If your foreskin is wide enough, it will retract if it is shorter than the erect penis. If it is longer, then it will never retract by itself but may be pushed back, however, it may not stay back.

Some longer foreskins spring forward again when released. When a long foreskin is manually retracted, it gathers in folds at the base of the penis. The folds want to unfold and push the foreskin forward back to its normal position. A long foreskin is likely to slide/roll forward to recover and protect the glans penis when it is released. Some men simply cannot keep the foreskin retracted. This is not considered to be a problem.

The long foreskin provides superior protection to the head of the penis and keeps it soft, smooth, and sensitive. The long foreskin may improve the sexual experience because of its superior gliding action.