Hi, I suffer from frequent bladder spasms. It is a painful condition for which I have been prescribed with Ditropan. Is there anything more efficient?

Hi, my 5 yr. old daughter has Spina Bifida, and due to this severe disorder she has incontinence. She has been prescribed with Ditropan twice a day, for about 1 year. So, she was advised to take Detrol. She has experienced common side effect such as dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation, a faster heartbeat, so she decreased dosage and finally stopped taking it. Later we discovered patch delivery system Oxytrol, which caused side effects in much smaller degree. Now, there are also Ditropan XL and Detrol LA, formulations that deliver a low level of the drug over time in the body.

Hello there beard,

I believe that ninnette has answered all your questions and it is probably a good idea to listen to her. but I also think that the best thing is to gather all the necessary information and then go to your doctor with all this. You can tell him what is bothering you (in your case the pain way too severe and you need something more efficient) and ask for stronger painkillers.

I believe that he will prescribe you something stronger and that you will resolve your problem in no time.

Keep us posted about the whole situation and I hope that you will feel much better very soon. Good luck.