Hi. I have high bladder pressure. I have to go to the toilet all the time, and sometimes I just can`t make it on time. My sister told me I may have overactive bladder. What is that? What are the symptoms of this condition?

Hi. High bladder pressure is one of the symptoms of overactive bladder. Overactive bladder means that your smooth muscle that surrounds the bladder contracts spastically. This makes you feel an urge to urinate. It also results in high bladder pressure. People with overactive bladder sometimes cannot control their urge to pee. There are 3 symptoms related to overactive bladder, including frequent urination, urgent need to pee and need to urinate followed by leaking. I have high bladder pressure too. I was prescribed with Ditropan to treat my condition.

Hi myrtice,

Since gallant has already party answered your question I would just like to add few more things.

The most common symptoms of an overactive bladder are: frequent urination, urgency of urination, urination in the middle of the night and urge incontinence. This can affect your life style significantly and you should treat this and not considered this condition as a normal part of getting older.

Regarding treatment options this usually depends on the patient. Every person is different so the treatment can’t be the same. Sometimes this condition can be treated with medications but sometimes the surgery is needed.

Ditropan is most common medication for overactive bladder and it helps in preventing urge incontinence. It is usually recommended to take it to two three times a day.