Hi, I have an overactive bladder, I tried to control the amount of fluid I intake but, still it’s not enough. Is Ditropan good for my case?

Ditropan and Ditropan XL (the extended-release form) is indicated for overactive bladder. This includes frequent urination, urgency to urinate, and urge incontinence (inability to control urination). It’s main action is in blocking the nerve impulses that prompt the bladder to contract. A neurogenic bladder characterized by the urgency, frequency, leakage, incontinence, and painful or difficult urination is also treated with Ditropan. It safe and can be prescribed even to children of 6 years of age in a urinary urge incontinence due to a neurological condition such as spina bifida.

Ditropan is definitely the medication that might help you to get better control of your bladder and ease the uncomfortable feeling of full bladder, the persistent need to urinate or the incontinence. Controlling fluid intake will also somewhat help with the need of urgency and pressure.

Ditropan has few side effects and it does help to control exactly the nerve sensation which signals the brain that bladder needs to be emptied, but it might take some time for your body to adjust itself to the both medication and new bladder control method. Its efficiency also depends on the cause of overactive bladder – if there is any other related urinary condition it definitely will help to treat that condition, as well.