Hi, I have an inflamed bladder and I have been prescribed with Ditropan. I am avoiding to drink, because then I will have les need to urinate. Is Ditropan suitable for me?

Ditropan is actually indicated for overactive bladder. Maybe, you didn’t understand your doctor well. if you suffer from frequent urination, urgency to urinate, and urge incontinence, you are right patient for Ditropan. It acts by inhibiting bladder contraction. However, an inflammation needs to be treated by antibiotics for a week or two. It is very safe, since it can be prescribed even to children of 6 years of age for incontinence, if they are effected by a neurological condition such as spina bifida. But, still if you notice any discomfort while taking it, consider some other treatment option.

I don't know anything about the medication you mentioned, but I do know that it is very bad not to drink (many) fluids just to avoid having to urinate. Even if you do not already have a bladder infection, doing this can definitely cause one. When your bladder is already inflamed, the best possible thing you can do is to drink tons and tons of fluids, even if do end up in the bathroom all day. This helps flush the pathogens out and lessens your feelings of discomfort. 

As for the meds, just ask your doctor about those. 

Best of luck.