I eat a lot of fresh vegetables when they are in season. I eat a lot of cooked vegetables (canned) when they are off season. How do I know that I am getting all the nutrients that I need?

Do you feel unusual? Do you feel tired or fatigued or off in any way? I'd say that you're fine. It turns out that cooking food is better for your body just because it doesn't have to work as hard as eating fresh uncooked vegetables. The nutritional content is actually greater in cooked food than uncooked food, believe it or not. There were some recent studies done (and I can't post the links but if you do a google search you'll find it) that said exactly what I'm saying. Do you feel odd at all?

Any fruit/vegetable is always healthier in it's raw form for 2 reasons.

1. When they are cooked, the enzymes that are necessary to digest the food dissipate. While your body does produce some enzymes, the enzymes that occur naturally in produce are vital for proper digestion. Inadequate amounts of enzymes result in digestive problems like acid reflux and indigestion.

2. The naturally occuring vitamins and minerals found in produce are greatly reduced when cooked. Great example: The recipe for potassium broth is boil vegetables, then throw out the veggies and drink the broth- after being cooked, the nutrients are all in the water, while the veggies have very little nutrition left!

If you are unable to always get fresh produce, flash frozen is the best option, but do make sure you're taking a natural multivitamin to fill any gaps in your diet.

I agree! vegetable is always healthier in it's raw form

________________________

“He who has health, has hope. And he who has hope, has everything.”

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed