Hello guys. I have a cat since last year and I have been feeding her always with different types of food: dry food, canned food, cat cookies and so on.

Everything was ok with her and she has always been healthy. 

However, lately ( approximately a month ago) she started feeling weak. 

I mean, her health is really bad now. I don’t know what to do, I am devastated. :( 

One of my neighbors told me that I need to start feeding her just with raw meat because her immune system is obviously very vulnerable and this kind of food will help her. 

I just need to know is this kind of diet safe for my cat?

Your neighbor gave you a great advice Dalmatian_lover! It’s really obvious that your cat’s immune system is weak. I suppose that’s the reason for her bad health condition. Don’t feel bad for her, she will be just fine. Start making her raw food meals, especially meat based. This type of diet is totally safe and will help to improve your cat’s health. Just pay attention that the food you are using for preparing her meals must be fresh. If you ask me the best kind of meat for cats is: chicken, turkey, fish, pheasant…Combine this with some fresh or cooked vegetables like carrots and your cat will quickly be full of life.

Hey, I am really sorry to hear this. I also do believe that her immune system is really weak, since you have been feeding her with everything and anything. But, I hope so that she will be just fine, because cats can look helpless but they are not. I do agree that the best option in this case now is to start to feed your cat with raw food. Combine meat and vegetables, but give her more meat as well. Very soon, she will be much better, she will feel just fine. I mean, you will see how this food is good for her. But, start with it as soon as possible. I know this, because I was feeding my car with a lot of types of foods, and now, I am totally for raw food. My cat is much healthier and she is really happy :) I can see!

Hey there. It is not just healthy, it is amazing choice for your cat. And, very soon you will be able to see why. I am really sorry because your cat is in this stage, but I do believe that she is strong and that she will be much better after you start with raw meat diet program. I am feeding my cat according to those principles, and I can see that I see that she is much better, better than before, when I was giving her everything. It is safe, you can ask any vet about this, and everybody will tell you this as well. It is not hard to prepare it, you will see. 

Hey there. I had a cat for a few days, I found her and she was really weak when I found her, on the rain. Luckily, my friend’s sister adopted her and she has a home :)

But, when I found her, I started to feed her with raw food. Maybe this will sound silly to you, but I actually saw a progress in just one week. She was more active, so I suggested this girl to feed her with raw food as well. We were just talking, and she told me that she is feeding her with raw meat diet, and that this is definitely the best option ever. 

Of course it is. Not only that raw meat diet is safe for your cat, it is also the best way of feeding your cat at the moment. As you may know, cats are used to eat raw meat because those were their eating habit before when they were still wild. After we have made them our pets we started to feed them differently. We are using canned foods and other artificial foods made by big companies.

In my opinion, that is the reason our cats’ immune and digestive systems became weak. So, start giving your cat raw meat and you’ll see the results very soon.

Hi everyone.

I must say that I don’t agree with these posts I read. 

I don’t think that raw meat diet is the right thing for your cat. 

You must be very careful when you want to change your cat’s eating habits. Cats are really sensitive to all kinds of changes, especially the ones related to food.

If I were you, I would go to the vet first thing tomorrow. He or she will examine your cat and tell you what is wrong with her and how to help her.

Maybe he will also say that you should start giving her raw meat but I wouldn’t do that without his advice.

My vet recommended raw food for my cat when I first vaccinated her. She said to me that raw food is the best source of proteins for our kitties so I decided to listen to her. And I must say, I have never regretted that decision.

One thing is for sure, you need to check with your vet before switching your cat’s diet. Maybe she is having some GI problems you need to treat first.

Also, you need to alter her eating plan slowly (when and if you start with it). I mean, try adding more raw meat everyday instead of her regular food and be patient, as this process takes time.