I was being hospitalized due to Acute Pancreatitis 2 months ago. At that time my Serum Amalyaze count was 1900, however now it has come down to 150.
I am leading a normal life except for Dietary restrictions, that include...

-Low Fat Diet
-Food without spices
-Not to eat outside food at all

However, I am still confused for few foods, whether I can take it or not?
Can someone help me if I can have the following things?

-Steamed Corns
-Pop Corns
-Peanuts
-Dry fruits
-Soya Products (Soy Milk)

@ Please help me with your suggestions, also, whether is Pancreatitis completely curable or I'll have to follow diet restrictions
throughout the life?
@ Is there any permanent cure for Pancreatitis in Ayurveda or Homeopathy?

@ Right now doctor has asked me not to lift weight. But is it a life long restriction or for the time being?

@ Will I be able to do weight training exercises (Bodybuilding)

I don't have a history of alcohol/ smoke or any kind of addiction (nicotine/ tobacco)
Also I am a vegetarian....

Lifting weights are off limits until the pancreas can heal.  Also steroids cause inflammation of the pancreas.  Take pancreatic enzymes with your food.

Forget about eating out unless its an organic place -like Whole Foods. Pesticides can inflame the pancreas. Forget about corn, unless its organic seed, it is genetically modified, and it turns to starch  which turns to sugar in your body, so pancreas has to do double duty to digest it.  Also forget about pizza,too spicy and cheese is too fatty.  Acute pancreatitis can be deadly, and it can turn to a serious, chronic pancreatitis, so eating correctly is priority no one. 

Forget about tofu, soy products, they destroy your thyroid, and can cause extra strain on the endocrine system. There has been some success with Traditional Chinese Medicine herbs rebuilding the pancreas.  Vital that you take extra antioxidant vitamins, A& D., C, E and F(Omega 3-Krill Oil)

Co Q 10, Lipoic Acid, and the B complex- every day to rebuild your pancreas.  Also a probiotic, like Symbiotics Colostrum

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***

A good low fat youghurt like "Fage" is also good and gives you protein.  Yougurt smoothies with organic fruit, and oat bran, and Whey protein, plus stake the pancreatic enzymes with it.

Your pancreas produces the enzymes to break down protein (protease). fats (lipase),and carbohydrates (amylase). (Exocrine system)

And your pancreas also helps to produce insulin to control the sugar levels (sucrase) (Endocrine system)  So forget about sweets, doughnuts, cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream, etc.  Organic fruit with yourghurt is your new dessert.

Also no caffeine, alcohol, sugar, drugs. 

Eat as much raw food as you can- it has natural enzymes, and your pancreas will not have to work so hard to make enzymes to break down the food.  Anything cooked has lost its enzymes. Heating kills enzymes. No cooked, canned, processed food has enzymes.

If you eat beans, take Beano and Pancreatic enzymes to digest it.

Hope this info helps

Yours in Better Healt

Reflexfeet

BRO , I AM SUFFERING TO THE SAME PROBLEM AS YOU ARE ...THOUGH MY RESEACH HAS FOUND SOYA MILK GOOD FOR PANCREAS ,,BUT I RECOMMEND YOU TO TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR

I was being hospitalized due to Acute Pancreatitis 1 year ago. After surgery I get back normal life. But I do not know whether it can return or not
-Low Fat Diet
-Food without spices
-Not to eat outside food at all
- if vegetable is cooked by oil , can I eat it?
- Vegetable soup, thai soup ( product of reputed company like nestle)
-Raw honey
-Raw milk
-Boiled egg

Please help me with your suggestions, also, whether is Pancreatitis completely curable or I'll have to follow diet restrictions
throughout the life?

I had great difficulties with food for about a year after I came out of hospital until I discovered Pancreatin which i a tablet based supplement i take before each large meal (for something small or carb based i generally snap one in two) am I am pleased to say I can now eat normally - any food - from a completely restricted diet and near constant pain and discomfort...I think there are serveral brands, some better than others  so do your research - these pills saved my life!!!

MY WIFE SUFFERRING FROM ACCUTE PANCRIATITIS SINCE 2006 & ERCP HAS DONE BY THE DOCTOR & NOW SHE IS FILLING WELL BUT REGULAR MEDICINE TAKING AS ADVISED BY DOCTORS.