Hello guys. So, I was talking with my friends about raw cat food yesterday. This is always a good topic, and we can always talk about it a lot. One of them told us that raw cat food always needs to be fresh and that we all should prepare a food every day. I don’t think that this is true, at least I don’t do that. Sometimes, I prepare food and I put it in the freezer. I still think that this is fresh food and that I don’t need to prepare food three times a day.I want to hear your opinion about this, does raw cat food always need to be fresh.  

Hey. Well, raw food for your cat always needs to be fresh, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t freeze that food and that you have to make it three times a day. It is totally OK to make a food, for example, in the night, put it in the freezer and feed your cat with it next day. But, food needs to be fresh, you won’t buy some groceries that are old, right? Don’t worry, you totally can continue to prepare food in the night, or even you can prepare food two days before, I repeat, as long as those groceries are fresh. 

Hello. It depends. I have a cat as well, but I have her for two months. She is very young. Now, since I am a student, I have a lot of time to spend with her. This is why I have a time to prepare food for her every day, two or three times a week. In the morning, I go to the market, and I have this old lady, she always have totally fresh meat, and I buy meet for my cat there. It makes me relaxed, but I believe that this will become a little bit boring soon :) when she gets older. I believe that in this case, I will prepare food for her in the night as well.

Of course it needs to be fresh. As you probably know, raw food is very perishable. You need to keep it in the refrigerator. But it can’t be in the fridge for too long either. Maybe a day or two. I wouldn’t recommend you to freeze the food since I believe some of the nutrients will be lost after the freezing.

I am aware that some cat owners prepare food for several days in advance because they don’t have enough time to prepare the food once in every two days. But I don’t agree with that. You can always find half an hour to prepare your cat a healthy meal.

It definitely needs to be fresh. I once bought some raw chicken wings and I put them in the refrigerator.
I was planning to fry them, but I completely forgot and they stayed in the refrigerator for two or three days.
When I noticed they’re still there I took them from the fridge and was about to throw them in the garbage. Then my cat showed up and I thought maybe they’re still good. The smell was ok, so I gave them to him.
An hour after he ate them, he started vomiting all around the kitchen floor.
I’m never giving him anything but fresh foods from now on.

Yes, definitely! I always buy fresh groceries, because one day my cat eat something that was not healthy at all, I don’t know, she found it in my friend’s house, and she was sick three days, she was poisoned. Since that day, I told myself that I am going to feed her every day with fresh groceries. Cats are really sensitive as well, and they can have stomach problems very easily, when they eat something that is not OK. You should be aware of this when you ask this question next time…Remember, just and only fresh groceries. That is really important. 

Hi there.

I think that it is essential for the pet owners to obey all the rules when it comes to raw food diet if they want their pet to remain healthy.

And unfortunately many cat owners don’t do that.

They are advised to feed their cats with raw food and they’ve been told it is completely safe, but somebody needs to explain them that it is safe only if they obey the rules. And what’s the first rule when it comes to raw feeding? – Keep your food fresh.

By giving your pet raw food that’s not fresh, you risk to harm not only his digestive system but his overall health. 

This is a very interesting topic for me. I switched to raw meal plan because I heard many good things about it from various sources. I always thought that buying fresh meat will eliminate all dangers of this nutrition plan.

I’m making food for my kitty 2-3 times per week and I always put the rest in the freezer. I thought that ice can preserve nutrients for more than a few days, so I’m really surprised by your answers.

I never had any problems even if I gave to my cat food that stood 4-5 days in the freezer. I think it can lose some of the nutrients, but only in small amounts.