Big sale at the produce market this week yielded two huge bags of multi colored peppers, all of which I know I won't be able to eat before they rot. I'd love to cut them for stir fry and freeze for future use, has anyone ever done this? I forget whether this is something I have to blanch first or can I freeze raw? I know I saw an article on this in one of my cooking mags but I can't seem to find it.

What other veggies have you frozen successfully and how'd you prep them?

I have bought frozen peppers and they were very mushy....I used them in a stir fry.

I think beans, peas and corn freeze very well.....blanched first.

I have frozen tomatoes, but they get very watery, which is ok for soup, I like canning tomatoes the best.

I have had success with freezing cooked peppers in sauces, etc. Not so much luck with freezing them raw (like Earlyrunnr, mine got mushy). I think it has to do with the water content in whichever vegetable you are freezing; when it's cooked, some of the water is lost and they freeze with better results (look, I am just guessing; I am NOT a scientist).

I have always had good success with freezing peppers. I don't blanch them. After washing them, I let them air dry and then slice them or chop them, then just put them in a freezer bag and put them in the freezer. They have always been crisp when I'm ready to use them.

Thanks guys!! I'm going to give the raw peppers a try. They probably won't be in the freezer forever, but if I can do this, it'll save money in the long run since I can buy in bulk. :)