hi there my husband is a methedone addict i think for a few years not really sure! do they ever get off it,i am always giving him more chances but i am getting to the stage where i dont believe he can, i have 2 young boys but his habit is killing me which in affect as a knock on affect with my kids in the way i treat them as i am so angry with him please help

Well, if your husband’s addiction to methadone lasts this long, it’s going to be really tough to get him to stop using. What did you try so far? Has he ever tried to stay off it, even if it is for a few days? I know that you want to have a husband and a father for your children, but it’s rare that somebody gets off drugs like methadone just by himself, with help of family, it’s simply a physical addiction. Only way in which he could have a serious chance is if he went into some professional rehab program, but I know, it usually costs a huge amount of money, and only for a start he must be the one who wants to stop using drugs. Like I said, it’s really though and it doesn’t always work, but it is not impossible.